Where's Spot? by Eric Hill

Where's Spot? (1980)

by Eric Hill

Series: Spot

1,057None7,910 (3.87)15

English (14)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  All languages (16)
Where’s Spot?
By Eric Hill (2003)

I liked Where’s Spot by Eric Hill for four reasons. First, I liked the flaps throughout the book. Specifically, the flaps keep readers engaged. Children love to open the flaps in the book. It is almost like peek-a-boo. Second, I liked the big, black font displayed in the book. The font appeals to young children, is legible, and affective for beginning readers. Third, I liked how Eric Hill, through his writing, interacts with his readers. For example, he asks questions like, “Is he behind the door?” Thus, Hill gives his readers the ability to respond, and to be curious. Lastly, I liked how other animals are introduced within the book. By exposing beginning readers to photos of animals, they will begin to recognize these animals in real-life situations. Overall, the “big idea” of Where’s Spot is to emphasize the significance of interactive texts. Readers can participate throughout the playful story, and enjoy its humor as well. ( )
  Mdierd1 | Mar 10, 2014 |
This is a cute, preschool aged book about a mother searching for her son, Spot. As the mother dog searches, the reader gets to lift flaps to help find Spot. Very cute and interactive and great for preschoolers ( )
  RiaO | Nov 28, 2013 |
We sort of just got this one to know what all the fuss was about. The classic lift-the-flap book! It will surely be a hit with your infant. ( )
  Fjola | Oct 17, 2013 |
I've read this book more times than I can count with my children. I honestly don't remember when the first time was. ( )
  pussreboots | Mar 30, 2013 |
Cute book for children and second language learners (though I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit that somehow I still didn't know the word السجادة -- carpet). ( )
  pammab | Jan 12, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0399207589, Hardcover)

It?s time to celebrate Spot?s thirtieth birthday! For three decades children have been looking everywhere for Spot in this classic, first-ever lift-the-flap book. Is he in the piano? Is he under the stairs? After finding other familiar animals, there he is in his basket! Stickered with a bold, colorful anniversary seal, this is a splendid way to dress up a perennial favorite.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:29:05 -0400)

A mother dog finds eight other animals hiding around the house before finding her lost puppy. Flaps conceal the animals.

Two editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 072326340X, 0141343745

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,507,009 books! | Top bar: Always visible