How to Raise an American: 1776 Fun and Easy…

How to Raise an American: 1776 Fun and Easy Tools, Tips, and Activities to…

by Myrna Blyth

This is a much needed book, and well worth the price. I purchased this book to get some creative ideas for supplementing my kids history education, and I got that along with something else - a realization that I was not doing enough to make my kids appreciate America. Even though I was aware of the problems cited in this book, namely that the culture and school system no longer assists in raising kids that are appreciative of their country, I learned that I could do a much better job in this area. I think that is the biggest value in this book.

There are plenty of ideas in here for fun activities, vacations, web sites, books, etc. to assist you in your efforts to raise good Americans, and it offers good advice for how to work these things into your family life. ( )
  jhale | Dec 30, 2007 |
A collection of tips, games, activities, and other information that can be used to instill patriotism in the home including dinner table topics, books and movies that avoid anti-American sentiment, and stories of America heroes and honor throughout its history.
  lifespringworc | Nov 17, 2007 |

Do you love America? Are you proud to call this country your home? Now, what about your kids? You want them to love America as much as you do, but when popular culture tells them it’s cooler to bash this country than to love it, how can you teach them to be proud and loyal citizens?

As mothers themselves, bestselling author Myrna Blyth and former presidential speechwriter Chriss Winston have struggled with the same dilemma. Shocked by the growing patriotism gap, they set out to create a real-world resource all parents can use to teach their kids about the greatness of America’s past, the promise of its future, and the important role each of us plays in this democracy. How to Raise an American shows you how to make patriotism a priority without it becoming a chore for you or your kids.

This practical guide offers tips, games, activities, quizzes, and information you can use to make patriotism part of your family’s daily life, including:

- 60-Minute Solutions that easily and seamlessly instill a love of this country
- Dinner Table Debate topics that will have the whole family talking
- Road trip ideas that bring America’s history to life
- Books and movies that exemplify our shared ideals
- Inspiring stories of American courage, honor, and ingenuity
- Fun and educational ways to celebrate American holidays like the Fourth of July and Veterans Day

Blyth and Winston consulted prominent historians, academics, military leaders, politicians, authors, scholars, film critics and parents around the country to bring you a truly useful guide. Part treatise on patriotism, part American history primer, part civics lesson, this book is the antidote to the virulent America bashing our children hear every day.

Inspiring and practical, How to Raise an American is a must for every patriot—parent and child.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:50 -0400)

Do you love America? Are you proud to call this country your home? You want your kids to love America as much as you do, but when popular culture tells them it's cooler to bash this country than to love it, how can you teach them to be proud and loyal citizens? As mothers themselves, author Blyth and former presidential speechwriter Winston have set out to create a real-world resource all parents can use to teach their kids about the greatness of America's past, the promise of its future, and the important role each of us plays in this democracy. This book shows you how to make patriotism a priority without it becoming a chore for you or your kids. Part treatise on patriotism, part American history primer, part civics lesson, it's the antidote to the America-bashing our children hear every day.--From publisher description.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,986,881 books! | Top bar: Always visible