Red Rockets and Rainbow Jelly by Sue Heap

Red Rockets and Rainbow Jelly

by Sue Heap

A book of colours, written by Sue Heap and illustrated by Nick Sharratt. The story is about a boy called Nick, and a girl called Sue. It repeats the sentence structure 'Nick likes ...'/ 'Sue likes ...', using different colours to describe Nick and Sue's favourite things. The illustrations are bold, striking and fun. I particularly like the way colours are incorporated into the story, in a more natural manner than lots of other books about colour. It's simple, but far from dull.
Highly recommended by me, and by a three year old boy of my acquaintance. This is his favourite book. We like Nick. We like Sue.
  Pencils | Feb 5, 2010 |
'Red Rockets and Rainbow Jelly' is a different work to 'Ultimate Sticker Book: Space', even though some editions seem to share the same ISBN.

Sue and Nick are best friends who like lots of different things in lots of different colours. Here they show us some of their favourite things from purple hair and all things blue to red cars and red dogs. The artwork is stunning with each artist contributing alternate pages in their own inimitable style. And with its deceptively simple text, this bight and bold book is perfect for children learning to read. 2 yrs+… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,432,348 books! | Top bar: Always visible