Jim Henson: From Puppets to Muppets (Taking…

Jim Henson: From Puppets to Muppets (Taking a Trip)

by Geraldine Woods

811,035,133 (4)None

I really enjoyed reading this mini biography of Jim Henson.

This book does a good job of painting a picture of one of the most anonymously famous people in television history.

The book describes Jim's early life before the invention of television and Jim's extreme interest in Television after its invention.

The book describes Jim's transition from artist/painter to puppeteer/film maker.

There are many pictures throughout the book that give a behind the scenes look at a seemingly easy job; puppeteering.

This book is appropriate for 3rd graders and up. I wouldn't even put an age limit on this book because it provides information that many adults may also find interesting.

One piece I found to be very important was Jim's underlying freedom of feelings throughout his career. One of the chapters is titled "I think life is basically good" which I believe shows Jim's optimism and good natured character. ( )
  Scott_Nilson | Oct 9, 2013 |

Recounts the life story of the puppeteer whose remarkable creations, the Muppets, have found success in television and other media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,690,537 books! | Top bar: Always visible