Invitation Only by Kate Brian

Invitation Only (2006)

by Kate Brian

Really dont care for the main character.... Maybe she improves? ( )
  pickleroad | Nov 10, 2016 |
Invitation only is amazing so far! All the drama going on it is so hard to keep up with everything and you never know what is going to happen. That is my favorite part of this series is you don’t know what is going to happen next and you will never suspect it. I was really scared at first when Reed had to snoop around the Billings rooms but after I found out why at the party I couldn’t believe it. I don’t think Whit and Reed would be a good couple even thought he seems like a nice guy, I am really starting to love josh and I want them to get together especially with what happens at the end of the party on the train! I cried at the end when I found out Thomas was dead and I still can’t believe it! ( )
  ChanelAttisha | Nov 17, 2011 |
This book was pretty weird, but still cool. At least this time, the summary on the back was actually about the book, and not about something completely unrelated. But the thing is that the whole story was pretty predictable. Like when Reed snoops around in the Billings girls' rooms, you can sort of tell that these girls were the actual ones who made her do it, not Natasha. But still, it was worth reading. ( )
  8F_SAM | Mar 26, 2010 |
  MsPibel | Nov 6, 2009 |
Reviewed by Randstostipher "tallnlankyrn" Nguyen for TeensReadToo.com

INVITATION ONLY, the second novel in the PRIVATE series, begins where we left off in the first book. Thomas went missing, one of the Billings Girls was expelled, and Reed Brennan finally moved into the dorm she had her eye on when she first came to the private school. But even though Reed was in the Billings house, that didn't exactly mean she was in the clique.

Turns out, the Billings Girls had a little hazing present for Reed that would keep her busy. That's right--Reed has to actually do the girls' beds every morning and clean up the dorm. Who knows exactly how long that will last.

But that's not the only thing on Reed's mind. Her boyfriend, Thomas Pearce, had just went missing during parents' weekend. And the only possible way that she would be able to see him again is at a social event called the Legacy, held in New York City that apparently Thomas is for sure making an appearance at. The only problem is that Reed has no idea what the Legacy is--but all she is worried about is getting there. Oh, and her new roommate took compromising photos of Reed and a certain someone, and is now using it to blackmail Reed.

From finding her boyfriend to overcoming her blackmailer to trying to officially become a Billings Girl, Reed has too much on her plate.

It seemed like it would be hard for Kate Brian to top the first book in the PRIVATE series, which was absolutely amazing, but no worries since she does not disappoint. INVITATION ONLY was even better than the first. With even more obstacles that Reed has to face, the story literally leaves the reader at the edge of their seat. And Kate Brian ends the story with another huge cliffhanger. This series definitely tops all the other series out there. ( )
  GeniusJen | Oct 11, 2009 |
It was a cold night. Cold and extremely dark, with no stars and no moon and a wind that ripped a deluge of leaves from the trees whenever it blew - leaves that were still wet from a morning drizzle.

Reed, from a working class family, is attending the wealthy Easton Academy on a scholarship, where she finds out that rich girls have some very dark secrets.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,954,097 books! | Top bar: Always visible