The Grim Grotto (A Series of Unfortunate…

The Grim Grotto (A Series of Unfortunate Events) (original 2004; edition 2004)

by Lemony Snicket

Still pursued by the evil Count Olaf, the Baudelaire orphans attempt to reach a very important VFD meeting, but first they must travel in a rattletrap submarine to the Gorgonian Grotto, a dangerous underwater cave, in search of the sugar bowl.
Member:konallis
Title:The Grim Grotto (A Series of Unfortunate Events)
Authors:Lemony Snicket
Info:London : Egmont, 2004.
Tags:read 2008, children's/young adult

The Grim Grotto by Lemony Snicket (2004)

Nu börjar det bli riktigt jävla spännande. ( )
  autisticluke | Nov 14, 2019 |
It was pretty grim. ( )
  Shahnareads | Oct 22, 2019 |
The Grim Grotto is still one of my least favorites in the series, after The Miserable Mill, and it was mainly Widdershins being Widdershins in the beginning of the book. I forgot just how annoying he really was. That being said, I enjoyed this much more the second time than the first!

There was such an intense task for the Baudelaires to solve in this book and even knowing the outcome of it, I was still reading with worry. They got to see just how gray villainy and family can be and really kept on with taking matters into their own hands. Also, I love Hooky. ( )
  readbybrit | Apr 21, 2019 |
YEEESSSSS. ( )
  Monica_P | Nov 22, 2018 |
When this series came out, I was a huge fan. It's now been a long time since I've read them, so this review won't have any specifics. The humor and characters were a huge draw, along with the continuation of the overarching story about the Baudelaire's parents. ( )
  sweetiegherkin | Oct 22, 2018 |

Snicket, Lemonyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Helquist, BrettIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Kupperman, MichaelIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Curry, TimNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Beatrice -- Dead women tell no tales. Sad men write them down.
After a great deal of time examining oceans, investigating rainstorms, and staring very hard at several drinking fountains, the scientists of the world developed a theory regarding how water is distributed around our planet, which they have named "the water cycle."
"Dear God! Holy Buddha! Charles Darwin! Duke Ellington! Aye! ..."

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 140,199,598 books! | Top bar: Always visible