Last Seen Alive by Carlene Thompson

Last Seen Alive

by Carlene Thompson

I read this book years ago and it still stands out in my mind. I LOVED it and I certainly don't like many book...so loving it is huge. I couldn't put it down. I have actually been searching for the book to put on here because I forgot who the author was, now I have to figure out what other books I read from this author...none that stood out like this one. ( )
  jjnaaucoin | Jan 22, 2015 |
Chyna Greer returns to Black Willow because her mother has passed away. She hasn't spent much time in her home town since college and she dislikes coming back since the one summer when her best friend Zoey disappeared into the night to never be heard from again and also from the talk of her special talent, her ESP.

Shortly after returning she finds out that other girls have gone missing during the time she has been away. She also runs into her old high school crush, Scott Kendrick who is at home recovering from a plane crash.

Then another girl disappears and Chyna starts having more visions, that involve several people in town. As Chyna and Scott try to figure out all that is going on around them the mystery continues to build.

The suspense element of this book was great. I actually figured out who the murderer was, but it really was only a guess. The suspects abound and you are guessing who has done it. I also enjoyed the romance of two people who knew each other in the past come together in a time of trial. The last 200 pages had me not wanting to put the book down.

A good read for those who don't mind graphic romantic suspense. ( )
  reading_crystal | Apr 14, 2008 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312937318, Mass Market Paperback)

Now Chyna has come back to her West Virginia hometown of Black Willow to lay her mother to rest. But memories of Zoey are everywhere…and then, out of nowhere, Chyna hears a voice--Zoey's voice--begging for her help. As Chyna delves into Black Willow's past, she learns that two other teenagers also went missing. Soon Chyna's search for answers becomes a desperate race to uncover a chilling secret that strikes at the heart of everything she holds dear--and reveal the remorseless evil that has been hiding in plain sight….

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:22 -0400)

Chyna Greer was sixteen when her best friend, Zoey, disappeared. Though very different in looks and temperament, the two girls shared a bond that was stronger than blood. But even Chyna's urgent warnings couldn't prevent a love-struck Zoey from sneaking out to the lake to meet her secret crush--and being swallowed up into the warm summer night forever. Years later, Chyna returns to her West Virginia hometown of Black Willow to lay her mother to rest. But memories of Zoey are everywhere...and then, out of nowhere, Chyna hears a voice--Zoey's voice--begging for her help. As Chyna delves into Black Willow's past, she learns that two other teenagers also went missing. Soon Chyna's search for answers becomes a desperate race to uncover a chilling secret that strikes at the heart of everything she holds dear.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,013,582 books! | Top bar: Always visible