Nice Girls Do by Sarah Duncan

Nice Girls Do

by Sarah Duncan

Predictable but entertaining - see my review http://www.dnsmedia.co.uk/reviews/view/1160 ( )
  AnneHudson | Mar 2, 2013 |
This was quite grown up chick-lit and I was taken by surprise as I hadn’t quite expected that. It’s not overly predictable although it does have a very neat and tidy ending. Reading this book was my second outing for Sarah Duncan having previously read ‘Another Woman’s Husband’ and I’ll certainly be looking out for my by her. The book narrowly missed out on five stars simply because it took me a few chapters to settle into it and I didn’t initially like the character of Anna Carmichael.

I’d expected the garden history to be the complete focus of the novel holding together the plot, instead it became integral to the novel and I found myself completely fascinated by the information the author presented through Anna and the other characters. The two men in her life, Will and Oliver, were poles apart – well actually they’d have to be in a novel about love, romance and gardening otherwise the choice wouldn’t be as much fun to read about.

There are grown up (and quite modern) issues discussed but handled well and with the right amount of tact, diplomacy and entertainment. I liked a lot of the other characters – Anna’s mother and also her friend. Her sister on the other hand, I just couldn’t get away with. All in all, it was a pleasant novel to read, it didn’t take me that long and is worth recommending. ( )
  SmithSJ01 | Feb 13, 2009 |

It's the ultimate question for Anna Carmichael, whose work as a garden historian makes her as happy as her love life makes her miserable.  And the men she's meeting these days do nothing to simplify the situation: Oliver Davenport, the magnetic, stylish grandson of  a rich client, sweeps Anna off her feet with high-octane dates and a jet-setting schedule, while Will Sutton, dead-sexy gardener at the client's country estate, pursues Anna with more primal pleasures.

With all the charm and heat of a modern Lady Chatterley's Lover, Nice Girls Do is sexy and satisfying fiction.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:59:45 -0400)

Anna can cope with gardens, especially the historic ones it's her job to research, but when it comes to love and relationships she has lost her way, especially after the collapse of her short-lived marriage.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,996,643 books! | Top bar: Always visible