Naked Empire by Terry Goodkind

English (27)  French (1)  Italian (1)  All (29)
further dealings with the pristine ungifted, a whole nation of them. this guy writes so well ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
Really good!!! I was really worried that Richard was gonna die at tht one part but he survived!! Dang, and that Nicholas the Slide dude was soooo creepy!!! He gave me the shivers!!! :/ ( )
  almoskwa92 | Nov 4, 2016 |
This took me absolutely ages to finish reading. Only because it is such a huge book and I am unwilling to take it on my commute to and from work, where I would normally read most. So, I have only been catching bits now and then, although there was an unputdownable section in the middle of the book that kept me reading long after my usual bedtime. So, it wasn't too bad, and the book solved a mystery or two that had been set up in previous books. The main theme was about the pristinely ungifted Bandakar people, and Richard & friends' struggle to get them to help themselves. Which in part helped Richard to understand himself and sort out his magic. Also, it was nice that Chase made an appearance with little Rachel, in time for the rescue of Zed from the clutches of Jagang. It all ends well too! No kidnap cliff-hangers like in previous books. We know Richard and Kahlan have a lot to do, but at least they are together at the end of this book... for a change! ( )
  LindaLiu | Jul 23, 2016 |
Solid book. I like the fact that the heroes and villains have now crossed over many titles. ( )
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |
Not my favourite in the series but not my least favorite either. There is not a whole lot of character growth within the main characters but the storyline does continue to grow well. The return of some of my favourite character also made me very happy. ( )
  magickislife | Dec 29, 2015 |

Terry Goodkindprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gianni, NicolaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Tom Doherty, always a champion in the struggle of good against evil
"You knew they were there, didn't you?" Kahlan asked in a hushed tone as she leaned closer.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0765344300, Mass Market Paperback)

Beginning with Wizard's First Rule and continuing with six subsequent fantasy masterpieces, Terry Goodkind has thrilled and awed millions of readers worldwide. Now Goodkind returns with a broad-canvas adventure of epic intrigue, violent conflict, and terrifying peril for the beautiful Kahlan Amnell and her husband, the heroic Richard Rahl, the Sword of Truth.

Richard Rahl has been poisoned. Saving an empire from annihilation is the price of the antidote. With the shadow of death looming near, the empire crumbling before the invading hordes, and time running out, Richard is offered not only his own life but the salvation of a people, in exchange for delivering his wife, Kahlan, into bondage to the enemy.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:26 -0400)

A poisoned Richard Rahl faces a difficult choice when he is promised an antidote and the salvation of an endangered empire if he will surrender his beloved wife, Kahlan Amnell, to his enemy, in a new adventure in the Sword of Truth series.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,389,664 books! | Top bar: Always visible