1000 Journals Project by Someguy

1000 Journals Project (2007)

by Someguy

Other authors: Kevin Kelly (Foreword)

167671,264 (4)None

This is one where I find I prefer the concept over the execution. Many of the images and styles were so similar that eventually they just started to blur together but I can't tell if this was due to so many of the images they were presented with being so similar or if it was due to the images the people who put this book together ended up choosing. This was worth reading and I found it somewhat inspirational but still feel it could have come out better. ( )
  Kellswitch | Dec 22, 2014 |
I started looking through this book on 12/12/2008. I picked it up and simply opened to a random page. While I was looking at the page, I really wanted to get a pen and write on the page, contribute. Seems silly because it is my book and not one of the real journals, but I think it shows the power of the 1000 Journals Project.
  jlapac | Aug 14, 2013 |
This book came through my department in the library, and I'm so glad it did! Otherwise, I might not have heard about it. I think this 1000 Journals Project is an intriguing idea, and I enjoyed "reading" through the book, which is a compilation of some of the journal entries submitted to date. While some of the journal pages had text, many others had artwork of some sort. Going through this book was both charming and insightful, a refreshing combination in the middle of a busy week. ( )
  dukefan86 | May 29, 2013 |
The idea is shear genius, amazing. What a great way to get art, stories, pictures of the human experience.

But I was so bored. I was troubled by the diminutive size of the book; I know it was mimicking the journals that were sent out, but the work of strangers deserved a larger format. I am sure there is a lot of amazing prose, but I can't read it. The experience felt more like flicking through Google Images than a book.

If enlightened voyeurism is what you're after, stick with Frank Warren's series of Post Secret Books. Large format, great messages. ( )
  GirlMisanthrope | Mar 17, 2012 |

Someguyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Kelly, KevinForewordsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to everyone who's ever said, "I'm not creative."
Some folks worry about the digitization of our daily lives will make us disembodied ghosts.
It's that sexy dress that hangs in your closet, waiting for an occasion worthy of it Why wait for a time when you want to impress someone? Impress yourself. Take yourself out on the town for some friends-only fun. It's a Grrrlz Nite out (grrrlz freely defined) just for the pleasure of being all dressed up with somewhere to go. (And the little black dress might be a flippy skirt or a pair of leopard print pants.)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,700,199 books! | Top bar: Always visible