The Cleaner by Brett Battles

The Cleaner

by Brett Battles

4202125,247 (3.5)36

Okay but didn't really justify being as long as it was. Not sure I will continue this series. ( )
  she_climber | Nov 9, 2017 |
Good plot, good characters, solid first novel. I'm looking forward to the next one in this series. ( )
  add_dragon | Mar 26, 2016 |
Love the details of the job of the cleaner and the nonstop heart pounding action. Also has a heck of a twist which I didn't see coming. Proof that you can take me out of the teen library but can't take the teen library out of me--the whole time I'm reading this, I thinking how perfect it would be to give to high school or even middle school guys--violent, definitely, but only when necessary and not gross or explicit, and very little sex or language. ( )
  susan259 | Jan 21, 2016 |
  susan259 | Jan 20, 2016 |
  susan259 | Jan 20, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0440244382, Mass Market Paperback)

Meet Jonathan Quinn: a freelance operative with a take-no-prisoners style and the heart of a loner. His job? Professional “cleaner.” Nothing too violent, just disposing of bodies, doing a little cleanup if necessary. But in Brett Battles’s electrifying debut novel, Quinn’s latest assignment will change everything, igniting a harrowing journey of violence, betrayal, and revenge.

The job seemed simple enough: investigating a suspicious case of arson. But when a dead body turns up where it doesn’t belong–and Quinn’s handlers at “the Office” turn strangely silent–he knows he’s in over his head. With only a handful of clues, Quinn scrambles for cover, struggling to find out why someone wants him dead . . . and if it’s linked to a larger attempt to wipe out the Office.

The Cleaner

Quinn’s only hope may be Orlando, a woman from his past who’s reluctant to help but who may hold the key to solving the case.  Suddenly the two are prying into old crimes, crisscrossing continents, struggling to stay alive long enough to unbury the truth. But as the hunt intensifies, Quinn is stunned by what he uncovers: a chilling secret . . . and a brilliantly orchestrated conspiracy–with an almost unimaginable goal.

Furiously paced, filled with superbly drawn characters and pitch-perfect dialogue, The Cleaner puts a powerful twist on all our expectations as it confirms Brett Battles’s place as one of the most exciting new talents in suspense fiction today.

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:45 -0400)

Jonathan Quinn is a professional "cleaner." Nothing too violent, just disposing of bodies, doing a little cleanup if necessary. But his latest assignment, investigating a suspicious arson, is about to change everything. When a dead body turns up where it doesn't belong - and Quinn's handlers turn strangely silent - he knows he's in over his head.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,457,955 books! | Top bar: Always visible