Voice or Noise, Volume 1 by Yamimaru Enjin

Voice or Noise, Volume 1

by Yamimaru Enjin

I admit before anything else that I'm biased in favour of this manga, because I love cats, and Acht really makes this story for me. Plus the relationship building between Shinishiro and Narusawa is a refreshing change of pace from the usual couple-making methods found in BL books. I think the fact that the relationship is NOT the focus is what makes this such a nice difference from other books in the genre. ( )
  LNTora | Oct 5, 2009 |
Junior High Student Shinchiro is determined to find out what is wrong with his dog, Floppy, and on the advice of his veterinarian he seeks out anti-social physics professor, Narusawa. When Shinchiro discovers that Narusawa can talk to animals (thanks to Acht the cat) and that Shinchiro himself may share the same kind of gift, Shinchiro bullies the older man into taking him on as a student in animal language. However, when the weight of animal curiosity and Narusawa's increasingly odd comments become too much for Shinchiro to handle he's not sure if it is a destiny he really wants.

This manga was rather odd and seemed to me to be quite rough around the edges both in the story (or I guess it could be the translation) and in the art style. I wasn't entirely clear why the crow freaked out Shinchiro so much or exactly what the vet's layered innuendos all meant. It was hard to figure if he was trying to push the two main characters together or keep them apart for his own personal reasons. There really wasn't anything romancey or untoward in this volume which was really fine with me considering the ages of the characters. I wasn't sure while reading the story if I'd be interested in the second volume but I will say that the cliffhanger did grab me and I'll have to pick it up, if only to find out if Acht gets his voice back. ( )
  Jenson_AKA_DL | Sep 10, 2009 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,988,072 books! | Top bar: Always visible