The Journey by K. A. Applegate

The Journey

by K. A. Applegate

208356,261 (3.41)10

Nope, sorry. I've suspended my belief a little too far for these stories in previous books but this one just went too far. I actually rather liked the previous Helmacron adventure. It was silly but still a little fun. This time, the fantastic voyage up Marco's nose was just a little too odd. While it made small attempts to be educational, this is still a story in which children morph into bats to navigate their friend's stomach, so the effects are minimal.

Fake science aside, the story is just a wash of gross moments (bodily fluids aplenty) and repetitive scenes of the Animorphs choosing the best morphs to navigate different body parts (using such logic as sharks can breathe in plasma because it's basically seawater). The Marco half of the story is also weak. This shares some similarities with the first David story, yet boils down to a simple adventure where Marco has to outwit a vicious pit bull to steal a camera from a little boy's bedroom. It's low-stakes and more than a little dull.

The danger posed by the Helmacrons seems pointless, given how easily it is ultimately resolved and the story culminates in a weird final message about the danger of being bitten by a strange dog, which feels even more tacked on than the environmental messages of previous stories. All in all, it felt this story feeling a bit like wasted space. It is pure filler, doing nothing to advance the over all story and barely featuring the Yeerks at all. Definitely one of the worst so far. ( )
  ArkhamReviews | Aug 24, 2017 |
Fantastic Voyage Animorphs style ( )
  nx74defiant | Nov 27, 2016 |
A short comment for every book of the series until I get a chance to re-read them. All three of my sons and I loved this series and read every single book - I even bought every single book (most, but not all, used; some through school book sales). I'm excited to re-read them to see how the five main characters develop and to watch all the different transformations again. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
The author wishes to thank Emily Costello for her help in preparing this manuscript.
For Michael and Jake
My name is Rachel.

The Helmacrons need more power to escape the earth's atmosphere, so they have returned to demand the morphing cube. When Rachel tries to destroy their ship, the tiny egomaniacs bail - right into Marco's left nostril. And the other Animorphs have to get them out before the little aliens do some real damage.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:49 -0400)

Rachel and Ax must evict the tiny alien Helmacrons from Marco's head and prevent them from stealing the morphing cube.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,316,756 books! | Top bar: Always visible