The Abduction by Mark Gimenez

The Abduction (2007)

by Mark Gimenez

English (15)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  All (17)
Gimenez has written a neatly tied-up thriller that pokes fun at the amount of coincidence he uses throughout the book. The plot is wildly imaginative and provides plenty of drama, laughs and chills. Ten-year old Gracie Brice is kidnapped after her afternoon soccer game. Her brainiac father was more focused on his upcoming IPO and failed to keep tabs on her after the game. Gracie's former-Green Beret grandfather, recently more an alcoholic than anything else, senses the trouble she's in and leaves his isolation in the hills above Taos to rescue her. Gracie's mom, a high-powered Dallas attorney, is more focused on placing blame. The resolution was fantastical, but satisfying. I enjoyed the narration by Buck Schirner. ( )
  MugsyNoir | Oct 27, 2017 |
Some parts were a little far fetched for me but overall this was a good solid thriller. ( )
  add_dragon | Mar 26, 2016 |
Took a few chapters to get into this book, then it became really interesting. While not all the characters were fully developed, this book was action-packed enough to be enjoyable. A great holiday read. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 23, 2016 |
I really like this author. His books have really well-drawn characters and the stories just suck me in. This was the second book I read after The Color of Law and I enjoyed it as well. The Vietnam Era is my era, so it had some historical resonance for me as well. Recommend it to those who like legal or even semi-legal thrillers. ( )
  PermaSwooned | Aug 19, 2012 |
I don't think I will ever read anything else by this author. He used that easy plot device of someone having a dream where facts were acquired. There could have been another way to have the mystery solved. Another thing I am tired of is vigilante justice. The climax of the story centered around vigilante justice on the "right side" being the moral thing and manly thing to do while vigilante justice on the "wrong side" is evil. I would never have finished this book in print form. I listened to an audio book and was on a long car ride--a semi-captive reader. And then there was this repeated theme of manhood (or lack thereof). ***SPOILER ALERT**** this theme got even worse at the end of the book when the computer geek finally became a man because he used a gun and shot up a lot of bad guys. ( )
  Alice_Wonder | Apr 14, 2012 |

Mark Gimenezprimary authorall editionscalculated
Holleman, WimTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Voor David Shelley
Het eerste wat Ben Brice zag toen hij zijn ogen opendeed, was een hond die nodig naar buiten moest.

The ten-year-old daughter of a billionaire is kidnapped and dark secrets about her family make finding her more uncertain with every passing minute.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,367,251 books! | Top bar: Always visible