The Abduction by Mark Gimenez

The Abduction (original 2007; edition 2008)

by Mark Gimenez

Member:sollimath
Title:The Abduction
Authors:Mark Gimenez
Info:Vanguard Pr 2008-06-23 (2008), Paperback
Rating:*****
Tags:Entführung, Vietnam-Krieg, Green Berets, IT, FBI

The Abduction by Mark Gimenez (2007)

English (14)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  All languages (16)
Some parts were a little far fetched for me but overall this was a good solid thriller. ( )
  add_dragon | Mar 26, 2016 |
Took a few chapters to get into this book, then it became really interesting. While not all the characters were fully developed, this book was action-packed enough to be enjoyable. A great holiday read. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 23, 2016 |
I really like this author. His books have really well-drawn characters and the stories just suck me in. This was the second book I read after The Color of Law and I enjoyed it as well. The Vietnam Era is my era, so it had some historical resonance for me as well. Recommend it to those who like legal or even semi-legal thrillers. ( )
  PermaSwooned | Aug 19, 2012 |
I don't think I will ever read anything else by this author. He used that easy plot device of someone having a dream where facts were acquired. There could have been another way to have the mystery solved. Another thing I am tired of is vigilante justice. The climax of the story centered around vigilante justice on the "right side" being the moral thing and manly thing to do while vigilante justice on the "wrong side" is evil. I would never have finished this book in print form. I listened to an audio book and was on a long car ride--a semi-captive reader. And then there was this repeated theme of manhood (or lack thereof). ***SPOILER ALERT**** this theme got even worse at the end of the book when the computer geek finally became a man because he used a gun and shot up a lot of bad guys. ( )
  Alice_Wonder | Apr 14, 2012 |
This great novel weaves a path from the Vietnam War to current day through the lives of the men who served there and their families. Gimenez creates wonderfully believable relationships between the players in the story. The continuing lack of full disclosure prevents family members from developing strong lasting relationships. The stress of the abduction causes the players to extend beyond themselves, bonding together to reach a common goal. Excellent book, riveting to the end. ( )
  Glenajo | May 29, 2011 |

Mark Gimenezprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Holleman, WimTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Voor David Shelley
Het eerste wat Ben Brice zag toen hij zijn ogen opendeed, was een hond die nodig naar buiten moest.

The kidnapping of his ten-year-old granddaughter Gracie brings Ben Brice, a veteran drowning his memories of Vietnam with alcohol, back from the New Mexico wilderness to help save her, but dark family secrets could threaten the child's survival.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 64 books! | Top bar: Always visible