Night of the Crash Test Dummies: A Far Side…

Night of the Crash Test Dummies: A Far Side Collection (original 1988; edition 1991)

by Gary Larson

Member:hmvh
Title:Night of the Crash Test Dummies: A Far Side Collection
Authors:Gary Larson
Info:Futura Publications (1991), Paperback, 104 pages

Night of the Crash-Test Dummies : A Far Side Collection by Gary Larson (1988)

What would a "cat shower" look like? Do over-eating bears develop "deer gut"? And what really happened to Elvis? Larson records the discovery of a second "Lucy" which rocked the anthropological world. A cowboy with a "trample me" sign taped to his back--"Cattle Humor".

Larson has a gift for revisiting the language, our homes, the planet and the relationships between its creatures, in small drawings which tell stories. ( )
  keylawk | Jan 5, 2014 |
Gary Larson in his element. ( )
  bluedream | Apr 14, 2009 |
I have loved The Far Side since the first time I saw an inky panel in my hometown newspaper’s comic section. Quirky and often irreverent, Larson drawings almost always make me laugh, and often accompanied by the “swallow my tongue” effect. The strip’s sense of humor is dead-on me.

One of my favorite Far Side funnies was of a cat hurdling to the earth, a look of terror on her face, and the caption read “After falling 2000 feet, Fluffy suddenly realized it didn’t matter if she landed on her feet.”

Occasionally Larson makes a political joke in his strip, but usually they are play-on-words, or he connects two totally unrelated concepts (i. e. “Python escapes local zoo!” headline on the newspaper S. White is carrying as she walks up to her house. Unseen by Miss White is a snake slithering out the back window, seven separate dinner-lumps along its body). Sometimes the joke jumps right out at you, other times the incongruity dawns on you, and almost always, sooner or later, you laugh.

click for full review: http://thekoolaidmom.wordpress.com/2009/04/01/night-of-the-crash-test-dummies-by... ( )
1 vote thekoolaidmom | Mar 31, 2009 |
As always, Gary Larson delivers. Night of the Crash-Test Dummies is funny, provocative, and insightful, like all of Larson's books. Unfortunately, as with most comics strips, it's either all or nothing, love it or hate it. If you like Larson, then you are guaranteed to love this book. If you don't care for Larson...why are you here? ( )
1 vote benuathanasia | Nov 30, 2008 |
Be prepared. Larson's done it again ( )
  bookstorebill | Sep 23, 2006 |
Animal Camouflage

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0836220498, Paperback)

The Far Side® and the Larson® signature are registered trademarks of FarWorks, Inc.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:06 -0400)

The ninth collection of Larson's Far Side cartoons.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,183,767 books! | Top bar: Always visible