Devil's Gate by Elizabeth Ergas

Devil's Gate

by Elizabeth Ergas

Alison Crandall knew the tale which had been passed down through the generations: Nearly two centuries ago her tiny New Hampshire town had made a desperate bargain with a mysterious stranger on the night of a terrifying flood. The town was magically saved...but in the cemetery a hideous wrought iron gate suddenly appeared and terrified screams echoed from behind its bars as the demonic stranger began exacting his bloody price that very night. In modern-day Draconia, New Hampshire, these stories of a deal with the devil were thought to be nothing but trumped up stories told to frighten or entice the tourists.

That was before Adrian Blaise showed up in Draconia with a million dollar real estate project. Ghastly apparitions suddenly began to terrorize the town and certain women were deliciously seduced by the all too charming Adrian - just before their frightened screams betrayed the devil's old asking price and their lifeless bodies were found. Alison knew that time was running out. Unless she could find a way to break the bargain, she too would be doomed to the ghoulish horror that existed beyond the Devil's Gate.

This was actually a reread for me. I had read this book for the first time several years ago and truly enjoyed it. However, if I had one dislike of the book, it would be that the sexual situations depicted in the book were slightly more graphic than I remember them to be during my initial reading of Devil's Gate. That being said, I still give Devil's Gate an A! and I have obtained a copy of Rage by Elizabeth Ergas. ( )
  moonshineandrosefire | Jun 3, 2012 |

Nearly 200 years ago, a small New Hampshire town made a desperate bargain with a mysterious stranger on the night of a flood. The town was saved, but in the cemetery a hideous gate appeared and screams of terror soon resounded through its hellish black bars as the stranger exacted his bloody price.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,931,032 books! | Top bar: Always visible