Vanilla, Volume 1 by Riyu Yamakami

Vanilla, Volume 1

by Riyu Yamakami

Morio knows that for some reason he is different than most other boys. All his friends are girl crazy and he's just not interested. When his interest finally is peaked it's not by a girl at all but by his new science teacher, the cold and unapproachable Mr. Saeki. When Morio accidentally catches Mr. Saeki in a compromising position with one of his male students he finally has to admit to himself he has fallen in love with the most unlikely person ever.

Saeki is happy thinking only of himself and doing his own thing and could care less what anyone thinks of him, including his fellow teachers or his students. When Morio confesses to Saeki he pushes the young man away. However, as he continues to be around Morio and his lost puppy demeanor Saeki discovers that he has become intrigued by his young stalker.

I had read these two volumes a couple months ago and completely forgot what they were about. Not because they were horrible, but just because there was nothing that really stood out for me. This time around I did like them better and I don't think I'll find them quite as forgettable. I enjoyed seeing how Morio is able to get under Saeki's skin where nobody else ever has. Nakajima was a particularly interesting side character with his combination of hyperness and seductiveness. A very pretty bishonen.

I thought the manga was well drawn. Each character had his own personality and the expressions really let you in on what the they were thinking and feeling. A well done yaoi manga with a continuing story in volume 2. ( )
  Jenson_AKA_DL | Dec 19, 2008 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,083,657 books! | Top bar: Always visible