The Harder They Fall by Trish Jensen

The Harder They Fall

by Trish Jensen

The Harder They Fall by Trish Jensen
ISBN: 9781611941265
Darcy Wellington is the owner's daughter and although she holds a masters degree in business she is a wreck when it comes to physcially working in one of the chain restaurants her family started.
Everything from a flood from the dishwasher to a fire, to just daily mayhem of dropping food and usually on a customer. Tom the manager of the current one she was working in just told her
that the investor that wanted to buy them out was in the dining area and she was the one who had probably broken his nose, after dropping his lunch on his chest, thus causing the cloth to move, thus causing the candle to go out, thus making it all fall on the floor, thus making her land on her butt.
Michael Davidson tried to stay clear of her after the mishap and once the papers were signed he'd make sure she was the first one to fire.
The platitudes are hilarious!
He wants to streamline the business by using their own supplies that they have bought into but the company first started out making their own desserts and that's what they are famous for. He also learned who was the one who did the various combinations of the pies and she didn't even cook.
When Michael and her father meet over a meal that she serves them he asks Michael to find out what her dreams on. They start dating after he's watched her in the pool, just as graceful as can be.
He starts to teach her, a virgin about love and sex and ends up with a medical problem.
Very long love making scene, hot and spicy!
He has a family medical emergency he has to hurry back to NY ... and he's told his accomplish in crime that he may give up the idea of acquiring the chain.
Love that this book is only 200 pages long and so much happens during the book. There is also an excerpt of another of Trish's book at the end. ( )
  jbarr5 | Jul 25, 2013 |
Review:The Harder They Fall by Trish Jensen
5 Stars If you need to laugh read The Harder They Fall. This is my second novel of Trish Jensen that I have read and they both make you smile. Thier are a few sex scenes. A lot of falls,breaking dishes and other slapstick comedy. Darcy Welham is working at a restraunt in Washington D.C. undercover. She stopped the sale of her father's restraunts to a big company because she wants to run them. The employees want the sale to go through. The main problem Darcy has is she a klutz. She breaks dishes by the hour. Darcy waiting on a customer and and part of his dinner lands she thinks in his lap. She reaches for it and grabs something else instead. Customer jumps up and she almost breaks his nose. Then spills hot coffee on him. Michael Davidson is wanting the sale of the restraunts to go through and if it does he will get a promotion and raise. He is looking over the Washington D.C. location for a few weeks with the owners okay. He can't see why the manager does not fire Darcy she is costing the business lots of money with all her mishaps. Darcy finds out why he is thier and hates him. Michael finds out why Darcy is not fired. He also finds out she is the one to create thier most profitable idems on the menu some of them when she was 10. Darcy's father comes to visit both of them and he tells Michael that he won't sale till Darcy agrees to it. He does not think running the business is really her dream. Michael make lists of his goals what works and what doesn't. He is determined to find out more about Darcy so he can make the sale. The more he is around her the more he wants her and when he diescovers that she has not been french kissed or other things it scares him but not for long. Darcy has low selfconfidence and thats why she is so accident prone. She is sweet and always sorry for the different accidents she causes. I really like Darcy character and I came to like Michael as well. I will read more books by Trish Jensen especially if I am in need of laughter. I was given this ebook to read in exchange for honest review from Netgalley. 05/01/2012 PUB Bell Bridge Books ( )
  rhonda1111 | Jun 5, 2012 |
I enjoyed reading this book. The story is just so funny reading it. I like Darcy alot. She is so strong headed and when met with Michael, who equally strong opinionated, it is sure lit up the fire. I laughed out loud when Darcy launched a war against Michael especially the scene where he was having dinner with her father. And i could help shed a few tears when Darcy refuse to accept explanation from Michael when she thought he has betrayed her. Overall, i have fun reading this book! ( )
  jolzyn | May 21, 2012 |
Darcy Welham vows to learn the family business from top to bottom and to rid it of interlopers. Her fiery spirit, quick mind and slight klutziness scares off most men--except the one she wants to intimidate! Michael Davidson has no business interfering in her life, her job or her heart. But he will not be turned away.

Review: Oh…my…goodness!!! This was such a nice read! Darcy is such a klutz that she leaves you gasping for breath – in between laughing – all throughout the book. Michael turns the heat up with his broody attitude and scorching looks. Combined, the two level one another out and leave quite the pair.

The writing flowed easy from one scene to the next and the chapters kept your attention all throughout. Ms. Jensen knows her characters and gives you, as a reader, the chance to know them as well. I found the ending wasn’t rushed and wrapped everything up very tidy. It wasn’t over the top with cheesiness and/or sexual scenes but gave you just enough to make you want more.

I would totally recommend this book for anyone looking to dive into a new comedy romance and I look forward to reading more of Ms. Jensen’s work.

Four and a half stars out of five. ( )
  Deserie.Comfort | May 15, 2012 |
When I read a review saying that this book was hilarious and the reader had fallen from his couch from all the laugher ... Inevitably, it intrigued and inspired me.

Moreover, the story was promising: a young woman who becomes clumsy and a real walking disaster every times she becomes nervous. And her nerves were instantly in plot whenever the handsome and dark hero were near her. All these elements were perfect to let me hope for some good time.

But then, the bar was set very high by this first review and to be honest, I was really disappointed for not having more fun.

It is a light, entertaining novel but with many clichés and gags easy to anticipate. I also had trouble with Darcy. If her goofy side is charming, her willingness to lose her innocence with the first man who show her interest, much less. After making her mind, her first night is followed by a text explanation, worthy of a biology class, which breaks the romantic mood and starry-eyed atmosphere that Trish Jensen gave to her novel.

In short, no hilarity for me but I was perhaps in a bad mood. By cons, this is a nice easy to read novel which is perfect to bring for the beach this summer...

Lucie
http://newbooksonmyselves.blogspot.fr/2012/05/harder-they-fall-by-trish-jensen.h... ( )
  luciefuentes | May 13, 2012 |

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:07 -0400)

"Food fight, love match, or both? She's a lovable klutz trying to save her family's restaurant chain. He's a stuffed shirt angling to buy it. Who will trip up and fall in love first?"--P. [4] of cover.

Bell Bridge Books

An edition of this book was published by Bell Bridge Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,400,078 books! | Top bar: Always visible