All About Sam by Lois Lowry

All About Sam (1988)

by Lois Lowry

Other authors: Diane De Groat (Illustrator)

Series: Sam Krupnik (1)

A hysterical story told from the perspective of a little boy from birth to age 2. This story will make you laugh out loud as he continues to get into mischief! From trying to make goldfish rain to hiding food under the carpet, this book will keep you in stitches! Mrs. B. ( )
  MrsB3rd | Oct 13, 2014 |
Sam gives us the story of his life from age birth to about four. He is a spunky kid who enjoys discovering the world around him and playing with his big sister, Anastasia. This book is an easy ready and I feel it has no purpose to it other than pure enjoyment. It's a cute story, but doesn't have a real plot. ( )
  rhigginbotham | Sep 11, 2014 |
I was actually looking for The Giver, but the library didn't have it. I read this book when I was a kid and remembered how insightful it was, in terms of how little kids think. I think it probably helped when I became a preschool teacher. Anyway, it was nice to read it again. ( )
  AmberTheHuman | Aug 30, 2013 |
I read this book aloud to my class. This year I didn't get to finish it since I had Luciana early! First graders love this book. The can relate to Sam and remember themselves as a baby or their siblings.
  mcalcagno | Apr 29, 2013 |
Sweet and funny, if a bit contrived. The misunderstood word device is hoary but still works really well. ( )
  satyridae | Apr 5, 2013 |

Lowry, Loisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
De Groat, DianeIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
For Jamie, who is very much like Sam.
It had certainly been an exciting morning for him, but a confusing one, too.
He's been kidnapped! Someone climbed in the window and stole him!

The adventures of Sam, Anastasia Krupnik's younger brother, from his first day as a newborn through his mischievous times as a toddler.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0440402212, Paperback)

Sam's big sister Anastasia (Anastasia Krupnik, Anastasia at Your Service) thinks he's, well, there's no other word for it, weird. Their parents say he's precocious. But Sam knows, even on the morning of his birth, when there are bright lights, and he's cold, and someone is messing around with his belly button, that he's just Sam. And as the younger brother of the original drama queen herself, Anastasia, Sam deserves a book all to himself. From those early moments at the hospital, to his first steps and words, to his lively days of nursery school, Sam escorts the reader through his mischief-filled life. His highly developed--and hilarious--verbal skills allow readers to get behind the fascinating logic of a toddler: Why won't it rain lipsticks and plastic pretzels if he flushes them down the toilet? And the King of Worms most certainly does deserve a prize at the pet show. Award-winning Lois Lowry has an uncanny ability to understand children of any age. Without ever patronizing, she manages to make their foibles wildly funny and unerringly true. (Ages 9 to 12) --Emilie Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:41:20 -0400)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,990,534 books! | Top bar: Always visible