Empowered - Vol. 1 by Adam Warren

Empowered - Vol. 1 (edition 2007)

by Adam Warren

Collections:Comics
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Humor, Superheroes, Digital

Empowered Volume 1 by Adam Warren

Completely rediculous in a fun and irreverent way. What apparently started out as a series of bondage pieces for a client turned into a funny and smart, sightly risque (?) comic that I really enjoyed. Empowered herself has low self esteem but honestly she is an amazing character. Constantly getting caught out by her crazy inconvenient superpower providing costume she is still willing to go out and get her butt kicked. She doesn't always fail either there are definitely times when she actually does go out and kick butt. I liked the crazy background on the rest of the superhero's too. I am very curious where Sistah Spooky's story is going. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
I really love a strong female character, which Empowered really is, even if she doesn't know it.

Drawn in a manga-style, with some definite manga/fannish influences (Emp likes reading yaoi and fanfiction) Empowered is one of my favorite comic books to follow. ( )
  HarperKingsley | Nov 13, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 159307672X, Paperback)

Not only is costumed crimefighter "Empowered" saddled with a less-than-ideal superhero name, but she wears a skintight and cruelly revealing "supersuit" that only magnifies her body-image insecurities. Worse yet, the suit's unreliable powers are prone to failure, repeatedly leaving her in appallingly distressing situations... and giving her a shameful reputation as the lamest "cape" in the masks-and-tights business. Nonetheless, she pluckily braves the ordeals of her bottom-rung superheroic life with the help of her "thugalicious" boyfriend (and former Witless Minion) and her hard-drinking ninja girlfriend, not to mention the supervillainous advice from the caged alien demonlord watching DVDs from atop her coffee table... From Adam Warren - writer/artist of the English-language Dirty Pair comics (the original "Original English-Language Manga" before OEL was cool), and writer of Livewires, Gen13 and Iron Man: Hypervelocity - comes Empowered, a butt-kicking, bootylicious superhero lampoon that raises the bar for long-john lust and low-brow laughs. Remove all previous notions of superhero entertainment from your puny mind... and prepare to be Empowered!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:48 -0400)

This veinchilling second volume showcases work by some of the best artists to ever work in the comics medium, including Alex Toth, Gray Morrow, Reed Crandall, John Severin, and others. Each archive volume of Creepy is packed with stories (usually up to eight short stories were featured in every issue!) running the gamut of gruesome subject matter, from reimagined horror classics such as The Cask of Amontillado, to spectacularly mindtwisting shorts such as The Thing in the Pit, or the macabre maritime yarn Drink Deep. * This volume collects Creepy #610. Since the stock is much finer than the authentic newsprint, visually, these pages are better than the originals, with moodly, dark blacks that punctuate the shock endings. Publishers Weekly… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,251,089 books! | Top bar: Always visible