Tri Mates (Cascadia Wolves) by Lauren Dane

Tri Mates (Cascadia Wolves)

by Lauren Dane

As I read some of these earlier Cascadia novels, I really struggle with some of the plot devices Dane uses. Specifically the fated mates trope and how that automatically means love. I can deal with the fated mates thing as long as there's sufficient time to develop the relationship outside what's been fated. I think here, though, the feelings come too quickly. I realize they're tied to the mating bond, but when the "I Love You's" are thrown out that early (5 minutes after meeting) it rings false.

Once I move past that, I can't deny these are compelling reads. I especially enjoyed the way the tri-mate worked in this case. Having 3 people join together for a permanent relationship has always been interesting to me. I give it more leeway because in this world it's more accepted, but the internal workings of the relationship were fun to read about. ( )
  cranberrytarts | Sep 22, 2013 |
Tracy Warden meets her mate in Nick Lawrence. She's thrilled, he's... ambivalent. Tracy's sexual anchor in the mate bond ceremony is Gabe Murphy, who wants their bond to be permanent, but honor forbids him from saying anything. Much angst ensues. I'm not generally a fan of large amounts of angst, and there were several times that I wanted to smack Nick upside the head for being a selfish prick, but Gabe and Tracy make the whole thing worthwhile. ( )
  thewalkinggirl | Jul 10, 2010 |

Werewolves mate for life. For every wolf, there’s a mate out there. So Tracy Warden is thrilled when she discovers Nick Lawrence, the sexy Enforcer for another Pack, is her mate.

Money laundering, kidnapping, assault and other general mayhem can’t mar the intensity of their bond, but it sure can threaten their lives.

Werewolves mate for life. For every wolf, there's a mate out there. So Tracy Warden is thrilled when she discovers Nick Lawrence, the sexy Enforcer for another Pack, is her mate. But sometimes lucky wolves get to double dip in the form of the extremely rare Tri-Mate-Bond. And so it is when Tracy discovers that her Anchor bond with National Pack Mediator Gabe Murphy is far more. Suddenly Tracy finds herself with two alpha males whose hunger for her never seems to wane. But their bliss is marred by the heavy hand of the werewolf mafia whose reach goes very high up indeed. Money laundering, kidnapping, assault and other general mayhem can't mar the intensity of their bond, but it sure can threaten their lives.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,613,796 books! | Top bar: Always visible