Trust by David Moody

Trust

by David Moody

I initially began reading Trust as a serial, with each chapter being released one per week. I got a bit more than 4/5th of the way through when I simply became too busy to read a serial (yet books were no problem - lack of a connection to the Internet was the main issue).

I finally purchased the book, months after reading my last chapter while I was still part of the collective group reading the serial. Once the book was finished I believe that all the chapters were removed from the website, prompting me to buy the book, because even after months had passed since I read that posted chapter I was still invested enough in the characters to want to know how the story would be resolved.

Though the ending came as little to no surprise to me, I am still very glad that I got the book and satisfied my curiosity as encouraged by Mr. Moody. Plus, I can go back and reread the book in one sitting now, just to see if reading it all in a piece alters my perception of the book, as opposed to how I felt about the book when reading it as a serial.

This is without a doubt not meant for action junkies. If you are expecting large, brutal scenes of violence betweens the aliens and the humans, this book is not for you. There is a small amount of physical violence, however the very lack of it elsewhere increases the potency of the few (two?) scenes containing any substantial violence. I truly enjoyed reading this book and will be sure to grab some of Mr. Moody's other works down the line.

First Entry:
(I am currently reading this as a serial release on the author's site (assuming I can last at this pace and not break down and buy the book for that instant gratification - which looks more and more likely!).) ( )
  Isisunit | Sep 17, 2013 |

The most important event in human history takes place in the middle of nowhere. Perspectives are altered. Perceptions are changed. Nothing will ever be the same again. Is this a moment of deliverance for the human race, or the beginning of its end? Tom Winter thinks he knows, but if he's right, then seven billion other people are wrong.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:12 -0400)

David Moody is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,927,093 books! | Top bar: Always visible