Lover Unbound by J. R. Ward

Lover Unbound

by J. R. Ward

Series: Black Dagger Brotherhood (5)

English (95)  German (1)  Czech (1)  Spanish (1)  All (98)
It was okay but i just didn't like Vishous and Jane together.I didn't really get the whole Jane coming back as a ghost that didn't really make any sense to me. I didn't really like the ending the Scribe Virgin is an awful person and mother Vishous shouldn't be doing anything nice for her who cares about her damn birds after what she let happen to her son. I just expected more from this book in my opinion Butch and Vishous would have been a better couple. ( )
  mhelissa26 | Mar 8, 2017 |
I love this series... ( )
  Sunshine22222 | Feb 19, 2017 |
I had a hard time buying some of this one. Vishous is quite a cold hearted vampire. His history was a rough one, and I did enjoy seeing how it shaped him and his personality. A lot more about him made sense after reading this book. I felt a little sorry for him to be honest. Although I still don't quite understand how this odd relationship with Butch fits into the whole thing.

Vishous is feeling a little sorry for himself now that his bromance has found a mate of his own. He puts himself at risk needlessly and ends up in a human hospital - this is one of the worst things that can happen. Human doctors can quickly see the difference between vampire and human anatomy (and I found some of the differences to be fascinating).

Enter Dr. Jane Whitcomb. We get a ton of history about her - some of it was a bit confusing. I kept waiting for her sister to pop up again in the story and she never did. Maybe she does later? There were some pretty heavy hints dropped that I kept waiting for her to appear.

Jane quickly realizes Vishous is different than any patient she's ever seen before. And when she's kidnapped to keep watch over her patient after he's rescued the "I love her - but she's human - but I love her - but she's human" begins and never seems to end.

Well, eventually it does, and I think JR Ward wrote herself into a corner again. There are a few times now that she's really broken the rules of her own world again. I think this was my biggest pet peeve of the series so far. She finds a way to sort of make it work, but it's not quite within the rules either.

There are some pretty big reveals about some of the brotherhood, which I like. And I enjoy seeing all them in each story. Revisiting past favorites is always fun - but I wish the women had a stronger appearance as well. ( )
  jasmyn9 | Jan 12, 2017 |
**spoiler**

Oh Vishous, how do I love thee! I don't even know where to start....Love love love V and Jane. They are the first couple that I have really felt like you knew from the beginning that they had to be together. They are completely compatible. They both have that quirky sarcastic attitude. There was a lot of witty dialog in this one, which I love.This book was completely heart wrenching for me. There is just sooo much in it! It is definitely a tie for favorite with Butch's story. But I'm really not sure I like this hole ghost Jane thing. *shrugs* Although I'm excited to read the next one I just don't know how the rest will compare with these last 2! ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
I loved this book just as much as the others. Book five is Vishous’s story but we also get a lot more about John and also Phury in this book. I get that every brother’s story is somewhat intertwined with the others. How can it not be when they have fought together for centuries? Personally, I would prefer the story stay more focused on the central characters. Despite this, I love, love, love, this series. Don’t know why it took me so long to get around to reading it. ( )
  purpledog | May 26, 2016 |

J. R. Wardprimary authorall editionscalculated
Frangione, JimNarratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Dedicated to: You.

I got you wrong in the beginning
and you have my apologies.
It's just so like you that you stepped in anyway,
and saved not only him,
but also me in this endeavor.
Greenwich Country Day School

Greenwich, Connecticut

Twenty years ago

"Just take it, Jane."
the isbn for these books actually belongs to The 13 Original Clan Mothers. If your book is not this title, consider correcting your isbn or removing the isbn so that it can be combined with the correct book.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451222350, Mass Market Paperback)

The ruthless and brilliant brother Vishous possesses a destructive curse and a frightening ability to see the future. As a member of the Brotherhood, he has no interest in love or emotion, only the battle with the Lessening Society. But when a mortal injury puts him in the care of a human surgeon, Dr. Jane Whitcomb compels him to reveal his inner pain and taste true pleasure for the first time-until a destiny he didn't choose takes him into a future that does not include her...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:26:18 -0400)

Possessing a destructive curse and the ability to see the future, Vishous finds fate playing a cruel trick on him when he meets Jane Whitcomb, a human doctor who introduces him to true pleasure but who can never be a part of his future.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,184,610 books! | Top bar: Always visible