Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood,…

Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 5) (edition 2007)

by J. R. Ward (Author)

Possessing a destructive curse and the ability to see the future, Vishous finds fate playing a cruel trick on him when he meets Jane Whitcomb, a human doctor who introduces him to true pleasure but who can never be a part of his future.
Member:soulfulldarkhunter
Title:Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 5)
Authors:J. R. Ward (Author)
Info:Berkley (2007), Edition: 1st ptg., 528 pages

Lover Unbound by J. R. Ward

English (108)  Spanish (1)  Czech (1)  All languages (110)
hb
  5083mitzi | Apr 4, 2021 |
I think I managed to get through this book and started the next, but I ran out of steam and interest. If memory is correct this book didn't have any sex scenes or so little scenes that I lost interest. The focal point of the series is shifting from the initial vampire characters to the new, next generation that has been in the previous two or three books in their own story arc within the series.

I believe this is the point where the series "jumped the shark" for me, and I am kind of bummed because I purchased the books up until book 8, so they are now in that e-book limbo where the books are "quality", but perpetually unread, but still can't bring myself to delete them.

Rellwood74 | Feb 18, 2021 |
Favourite one so far, was so invested in this darn story I got teary! Can't wait for the next, oh the trickery laid before us throughout this book.......whew ( )
  ashezbookz | Oct 20, 2020 |
Okay, yes, what happens with Jane is frustrating in the extreme. She is, by far, the strongest female character to come into the series to this point. That said, getting to learn the backstory of Vishous as a character, including some shocking revelations, definitely makes this in some ways my favorite book of the series so far, at least up until the end. Overall, I feel like this is the first installment in the series not to run totally formulaic as well, so there is that. Not that there's anything wrong with the series standard formula, mind you, but it's worth noting there is much more here as well. In any case, I will definitely be needing to know where the characters go from here. ( )
  TiffanyAK | Sep 22, 2020 |
Wow, a lot happens in this book. While the romance does play a prominent role, this is truly one about the Brotherhood. I loved learning more about Vishous because I've been intrigued by him since the beginning. Jane was so great; I can't think of a single thing I disliked about her or anything she does that I disagreed with. I've felt so bad for Phury for this entire series, and when he does something stupid, I'm like, "Nooo, don't do that :(" and then he does it anyway. I loved seeing Zsadist in such domestic and ordinary settings, and that touched me more than I expected. I hope I'm happy with his book, and it looks promising since I've liked how he is with Cormia overall and what he does at the end. John Matthew's story remains intriguing, and I love his camaraderie with his friends. I was glad to finally not have any lesser POVs, as well. Oh, and Wrath likes Monopoly! Did not see that one coming lol

Going into this book, I definitely didn't expect my last thought after reading the epilogue to be, "Aww." But here we are. Do I like the Scribe Virgin yet? Eh...not really. But I dislike her less. ( )
  littlebookjockey | Sep 15, 2020 |

J. R. Wardprimary authorall editionscalculated
Frangione, JimNarratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Dedicated to: You.

I got you wrong in the beginning
and you have my apologies.
It's just so like you that you stepped in anyway,
and saved not only him,
but also me in this endeavor.
Greenwich Country Day School

Greenwich, Connecticut

Twenty years ago

"Just take it, Jane."
the isbn for these books actually belongs to The 13 Original Clan Mothers. If your book is not this title, consider correcting your isbn or removing the isbn so that it can be combined with the correct book.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 157,050,434 books! | Top bar: Always visible