Stephen King's The Dark Tower: A…

Stephen King's The Dark Tower: A Concordance, Vol. 1 (2003)

by Robin Furth

me14, non-fiction ( )
  amobogio | Dec 22, 2014 |
When Stephen King began work on the final three volumes of his Dark Tower Opus, he immediately realized the research-heavy scope of the project and the need for help to keep things on track. Enter Robin Furth, graduate student and now personal research assistant to King for arguably one of his most important works.

A Concordance, Vol. 1 is an encyclopedia for the die-hard fans. Everything you need to know for books 1-4, crossed referenced with everything else. ( )
  Daniel.Estes | Oct 28, 2013 |
A must-read for Dark Tower lovers. This was, I believe, put together for King's benefit as he wrote the last three books as a way to refresh him on the earlier four books. It's a handy guide to reference while reading, and the essays in the front were very interesting. It's also amusing to see where Furth went astray in some predictions for what was to come. I love the humor she throws into the entries (like adding that not everyone with the initials R.F. is bad). I'm working on Volume 2 now as I finish the series. I would be curious to see what is removed from the version that has both volumes together. ( )
  paghababian | Apr 22, 2008 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0743252071, Paperback)

"I found this overview of In-World, Mid-World, and End-World both entertaining and invaluable. So, I am convinced, will you." -- from the foreword by Stephen King

The Dark Tower is the backbone of Stephen King's legendary career. Inspired more than thirty years ago by works as diverse as J. R. R. Tolkien's epics, Robert Browning's poetry, and Sergio Leone's Westerns, this is the tale that Stephen King has never abandoned. When he typed the first sentence in 1970, King feared the telling might take several lifetimes, but two thousand pages and four books later, the end is in sight.

Published in anticipation of "The Dark Tower V: Wolves of the Calla, A Concordance, Volume I" is the definitive guide to the first four books in Stephen King's bestselling epic fantasy series, The Dark Tower. With the hundreds of characters, Mid-World geography, and the High Speech lexicon, this comprehensive handbook is one no Dark Tower fan will want to be without. It is the perfect way in for readers new to the series, or the perfect way back in for longtime fans who read the first four books years ago.

Characters and Genealogies

Mid-World and Our World Places

High Speech, Low Speech, and Mid-World Argot

Mid-World Maps

Political and Cultural References

Roland Deschain and His "Ka-tet"

Portals and Magical Places

Mid-World Miscellany

Gilead Fair-Days and Mid-World Moons

The Dark Tower and the Quest

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:02 -0400)

Indexes and describes the geography, characters, lexicon, and political and cultural references in books I-IV of Stephen King's Dark Tower series, and includes Mid-World maps.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,009,371 books! | Top bar: Always visible