Act of War by Dale Brown

Act of War

by Dale Brown

This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.leafmarks.tumblr.com by express permission of this reviewer. Title: Act of War Series: ----- Author: Dale Brown Rating: 3 of 5 Stars Genre: Thriller Pages: 432 Synopsis: The United States gets nuked. With the potential for more. A military science geek has been working on a powered exoskeleton for infantry and gets his chance to showboat. However, sinister forces lurk in the background and may bring ruin and mayhem to all that Americans hold most dear [ie, themselves]. My Thoughts: This was recommended to me by somebody, but I didn't write a private note on who it was before I added it to my TBR list, so now I can't remember. So thank you Nameless Person who isn't really Nameless but I Just Forgot. If you know who you are, please let me know because I really needed this read at this time and I'd like to thank you. This was flufferific. Nothing but action and mecha and badguys getting their collective asses kicked all over. And the best part? Lots of them are old school commies and commie pinkos! Nothing I like better than a good commie bashing. The bad was the United States getting nuked. I am NOT a Superman IV kind of guy, but the use of nukes scares me pants-less, like it is supposed to! My only other experience with Dale Brown is the book Hammerheads, from back in highschool. All I remember about that is some guys with sledgehammers bashing a plane apart, or something. So I don't know if this book is typical or not, but I'll probably get a couple more for when I need some blow'em up action that's easy on the plot. " ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
Quick pace, hard to put down story. I was left wanting to read the next in the series the same day.
  johncstark | Jul 11, 2006 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0060753072, Mass Market Paperback)

Near Houston, Texas, an oil refinery belonging to one of the world's largest energy companies is obliterated by a "backpack" nuclear device -- the first of many planned global attacks against corporations and government organizations accused of plundering the world's natural resources.

A horrific act of war has been perpetrated against the U.S. and her interests -- and Major Jason Richter and his top-secret, high-tech Task Force TALON are dispatched to pursue, engage, and destroy this virulent new strain of terrorism.

Yet Richter's plan of swift, brutal, and unconventional action is threatened by an enemy buried deep in the highest level of government -- a mole whose blind desire for personal vengeance could doom Richter and his team . . . and America.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:23 -0400)

An oil refinery was destroyed, the first of many planned global attacks. A special forces unit has been instructed to find and destroy the terrorists. Their success is threatened by a mole in the highest level of government.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,136,180 books! | Top bar: Always visible