Firefly Mountain by Patricia Thomas

Firefly Mountain

by Patricia Thomas

Other authors: Peter Sylvada (Illustrator)

This book is about a young lady remember the first time she saw what a firefly mountain was. She waited all day to see what firefly mountain was. Her and her family lived out in the country and summer was her favorite part of the year. Her mom expressed that they think it was a great time to show her children what firefly mountain was. When it was dark their family went on a hike, it was so dark she couldn't see in front of her. Then there it was, lit up like a fire, a mountain covered with fireflies. She closed her eyes and wanted to remember this time for as long as she could

Reaction: This book was is one of my favorites, because summer times is one of my fondest memories as a child. I always loved summers in the country. It seemed like the nights never ends.

Extension: This is great opportunity to learn about fireflies/bugs depending on the age we could do a bug worksheet. A second activity could be a field trip to the Wichita Mt.'s museum.
  MelodyJobe | Mar 26, 2014 |
I've been aware of this book for the purpose of reading as part of a writer's workshop lesson, but I'm not sure whether I've ever read it with the intention of finishing the entire story. That being said, I enjoyed it immensely. As I was already aware, it's extremely well written. It had a consistently appealing narrative flow that kept me engaged from beginning to end as well as some devastatingly gorgeous paintings to illustrate the night. I would like to hang a couple of the scenes in here on my living room wall. The contrast of light and dark is simply captivating. ( )
  matthewbloome | May 19, 2013 |

Thomas, Patriciaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sylvada, PeterIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

A young girl wrestles with anticipation and impatience as she waits through a long, hot afternoon for evening--and the fireflies--to arrive.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,743,520 books! | Top bar: Always visible