Orgullo Y Prejuicio by Jane Austen

Orgullo Y Prejuicio (original 1813; edition 2012)

by Jane Austen

48,40783811 (4.44)6 / 2329
Member:Mora.
Title:Orgullo Y Prejuicio
Authors:Jane Austen
Info:Gradfico. 2012. 318 páginas.
Collections:Mi biblioteca, Leído, B2E3
Rating:****1/2
Tags:Novela, ficción, romántico, clásico, literatura inglesa, siglo XIX

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (1813)

19th century (1,130) Austen (654) British (726) British literature (650) classic (2,662) classic fiction (191) Classic Literature (298) classics (2,018) ebook (226) England (886) English (308) English literature (615) family (225) favorite (233) fiction (4,919) historical (216) historical fiction (201) Jane Austen (745) Kindle (202) literature (1,158) love (389) marriage (284) novel (839) own (296) read (643) regency (403) romance (1,796) sisters (195) to-read (277) women (213)
(12)
Unread books (1,050)
    Emma by Jane Austen (CeciP)
    The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde (carlym)
    Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare (Shuffy2)
    Shuffy2: Beatrice and Benedick & Lizzie and Darcy- there are some similarties! This is my favorite of Shakespeare's comedies! Two characters who love to spar with words, 2 couples who love each other, and a bad guy! Perfect mix...
    Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë (nu-bibliophile)
    The Annotated Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (humouress)
    humouress: For those who love Pride and Prejudice, and want to know more about the context it was written in, the annotated version adds depth to Jane Austen's work.
    Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell (amanaceerdh)
    Persuasion by Jane Austen (sturlington)
    North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell (BookishRuth, Shuffy2)
    Shuffy2: Mr. Darcy and Mr. Thornton are both of the same cloth, a love story you can really sink into!
    Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell (chrisharpe)
    chrisharpe: Both novels offer a similar sort of wry look at the foibles of the English classes in the 18th / 19th centuries. Both are so carefully observed and deliciously written that they remain classics.
    Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen (Bonzer)
    The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton (SandSing7)
    SandSing7: Wharton is as American as Austen is British. Read both works for a comparitive "across the pond" view on the novel of manners.
    Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier (amanaceerdh)
    I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith (Hollerama)
    Some Tame Gazelle by Barbara Pym (lilithcat)
    lilithcat: Some Tame Gazelle was Barbara Pym's first book, but I would really recommend any of her works to admirers of Jane Austen. She has the same sensibility, the same grasp of the English social order and the English village, and populates her books with very similar people. But, more important, she has the same sense of humor, and the same marvelous touch with comedies of manners.… (more)
    Excellent Women by Barbara Pym (carlym, amanaceerdh)
    Crown Duel by Sherwood Smith (Jen7waters)
    Jen7waters: Although one is fantasy and the other isn't, Meliara has with Vidanric, the same problem Lizzy has with Darcy: prejudice. She keeps wanting to bite his head off when all he does is help her. Love them all!
    Helen by Maria Edgeworth (MissBrangwen)
    Belinda by Maria Edgeworth (CatyM)
    Doctor Thorne by Anthony Trollope (wisewoman)
    wisewoman: Trollope has an Austenesque eye for his characters' motivations and inconsistencies, and his Mary Thorne and Austen's Elizabeth Bennett have much in common. Both are persecuted on the basis of low birth and lack of wealth by an older female relative of their love interest. Both novels are thoroughly enjoyable!… (more)
    Diary of a Provincial Lady by E. M. Delafield (lydiabarr)
    lydiabarr: Austen and Delafield are often compared...both have shrewdly observational sense of humor and an elaborately deadpan style. I love them both.

English (786)  Italian (10)  Spanish (8)  Dutch (7)  French (7)  Swedish (5)  Portuguese (Portugal) (3)  Catalan (3)  German (3)  Danish (3)  Portuguese (1)  Norwegian (1)  Finnish (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  All languages (839)
I'm not going to say much about the actual content of this book. I've been a Jane Austen fan for years - I just read this book for the 4th time - obviously I love it. Her work isn't for everyone though - but there are enough other reviews out there for you to be able to figure out if you want to check her out or not (you should just give her a chance anyway).

I just want to comment on this edition of the book. It's wonderful! I actually saw a picture of this on Instagram and HAD to find out where to buy it (turns out it was hidden in the depths of Amazon).

I'm a Pride and Prejudice collector. I'm pretty sure I have 10 versions now - so when it comes to getting new versions, I'm all about judging the books by their covers. I also love Colin Firth, so the moment I saw this, I knew I had to have it. I love the classic pulp style of the cover and the techniques they used to make it look a little worn. The edges of the pages are a bright red - really eye catching. Other than that, it's a solid little paperback. Something I can see myself reading and reading again - on the beach, on vacation, while it gets a little more broken in each time - and the more worn it becomes the more I'll love it.

If you're looking for a unique copy for your collection and maybe you're not ready to invest in a nice hardcover, I'd say go for this. I believe I got it for about $6 on Amazon. ( )
  MillieHennessy | Apr 12, 2014 |
I wish I was Elizabeth Bennet. Enough said. ( )
  hawaiianmermaid701 | Apr 7, 2014 |
My other favorite Jane Austen. I never get tired of Elisabeth's wit. ( )
  CharityBradford | Apr 1, 2014 |
My other favorite Jane Austen. I never get tired of Elisabeth's wit. ( )
  CharityBradford | Apr 1, 2014 |
The novel tells the story about how marriage was really important for people time ago. It is focused on the british society, where Elisabeth, the protagonist, fells in love with Mr. Darcy and viceversa. Moreover, there is another romance between Lizzy's sister, Jane and Mr. Darcy's friend.

Along the novel, the author develops this romances, adding other relations from Lizzy's sisters. The topics of the novel are focused on money and marriage. Love and pride, and all the prejudice from the relationships born from the disequalities of money.
  blan | Mar 24, 2014 |
I "would rather have written Pride and Prejudice, or Tom Jones, than any of the Waverley Novels"
added by GYKM | editGeorge Henry Lewes, George Henry Lewes

From Lambton to Longbourn by Abigail Reynolds

Loving Mr. Darcy by Sharon Lathan

Lady Catherine's Necklace by Joan Aiken

Pemberley Shades by D. A. Bonavia-Hunt

Charlotte Collins: A Continuation of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice by Jennifer Becton

Mrs. Darcy's Dilemma: A Sequel to Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice by Diana Birchall

My Dearest Mr. Darcy by Sharon Lathan

Consequence by Elizabeth Newark

In the Arms of Mr. Darcy by Sharon Lathan

Mr. Darcy's Little Sister by C. Allyn Pierson

The Trouble with Mr. Darcy by Sharon Lathan

Excessively Diverted: The Sequel to Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice by Juliette Shapiro

Mr. Darcy's Decision: A Sequel to Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice by Juliette Shapiro

Conviction: A Sequel To Jane Austen's Pride And Prejudice by Skylar Hamilton Burris

Mr. Darcy's Secret by Jane Odiwe

Christmas at Pemberley: A Pride and Prejudice Holiday Sequel by Regina Jeffers

Teverton Hall by Jane Gillespie

The Ballad of Gregoire Darcy by Marsha Altman

Second Impressions by Ava Farmer

The Disappearance of Georgiana Darcy: A Pride and Prejudice Mystery by Regina Jeffers

Pemberley Revisited by Emma Tennant

Illusions and Ignorance: Mary Bennet's Story by S. E. Ward

The Journey by Jan Hahn

Deborah PP by Jane Gillespie

Colonel Fitzwilliam's Correspondence: Fitzwilliam Darcy's cousin, the Colonel is bound for war on the Peninsula. Is there love in his future while war is waged across Europe? by D. W. Wilkin

Has the (non-series) prequel

Has the adaptation

Is abridged in

Is parodied in

Is replied to in

Inspired

Has as a study

Has as a supplement

Has as a commentary on the text

Has as a student's study guide

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.
The power of doing anything with quickness is always prized much by the possessor, and often without any attention to the imperfection of the performance.
Do not be afraid of my running into any excess, of my encroaching on your privilege of universal good will. You need not. There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense.
"In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you."
"I wonder who first discovered the efficacy of poetry in driving away love!"
Austen’s most celebrated novel tells the story of Elizabeth Bennet, a bright, lively young woman with four sisters, and a mother determined to marry them to wealthy men. At a party near the Bennets’ home in the English countryside, Elizabeth meets the wealthy, proud Fitzwilliam Darcy. Elizabeth initially finds Darcy haughty and intolerable, but circumstances continue to unite the pair. Mr. Darcy finds himself captivated by Elizabeth’s wit and candor, while her reservations about his character slowly vanish. The story is as much a social critique as it is a love story, and the prose crackles with Austen’s wry wit.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0553213105, Mass Market Paperback)

Elizabeth Bennet is the perfect Austen heroine: intelligent, generous, sensible, incapable of jealousy or any other major sin. That makes her sound like an insufferable goody-goody, but the truth is she's a completely hip character, who if provoked is not above skewering her antagonist with a piece of her exceptionally sharp -- but always polite -- 18th century wit. The point is, you spend the whole book absolutely fixated on the critical question: will Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy hook up?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:35:33 -0400)

In early nineteenth-century England, Elizabeth Bennett, a spirited young woman copes with the romantic entanglements of her four sisters, and her feelings for Fitzwilliam Darcy, a brooding gentleman.

Twelve editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 0141439513, 0141439580, 014025157X, 0141028106, 0451530780, 0143105426, 0141037512, 0141037504, 0141329734, 0141199075, 0143123165, 0734306229

Solis Press

An edition of this book was published by Solis Press.

Bethany House

An edition of this book was published by Bethany House.

Urban Romantics

An edition of this book was published by Urban Romantics.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,573,564 books! | Top bar: Always visible