Fancy Nancy and the Posh Puppy by Jane…

Fancy Nancy and the Posh Puppy

by Jane O'Connor

One of a series about a little girl who is always looking to make herself seem or be "fancy". Good way for children to expand their vocabulary as Nancy is constantly using words that express everyday actions and things but are not always used by children.

In this volume about Nancy, she wants her parents to get her a dog but not just an ordinary dog but a "fancy" dog like their neighbours papillion. After babysitting the papillion and discovering it is not a dog that likes the rough and tumble life style of children' play, she settles on a more robust dog. ( )
  lamour | Apr 11, 2017 |
Genre- Picture book
Age, Intermediate
Summary- This book is about a girl named Nancy that is a very fancy girl. Her family is planning to get a dog but they all want a big dog and she wants a dog like her neighbor which is small and in her eyes fancy. She tries convincing her family by babysitting the little dog and at first it goes fine until her little sister isn't so gentle with the little pup. They finally go to the dog shelter and Nancy ends up finding a dog thats big that she likes to.
Critique- I think this was a good book because it told a decent story and showed how your able to compromise. Another thing I liked through out the book is that nancy uses big words and then explains what they would mean. Or what its like. ( )
  alopez19 | Feb 16, 2017 |
Fancy Nancy wants a fancy puppy that is just like her neighbor’s dog. When Nancy puppy sits her neighbor’s dog, she realizes maybe that type of dog isn’t the one for her. Nancy ends up getting her own unique dog. This is a good book to teach about finding what’s best for you. ( )
  mamontgomery | Mar 28, 2016 |
I picked this book because I know lots of little girls like Fancy Nancy books. For this book, I would have students write about their dream pet. ( )
  ksd011 | Mar 16, 2016 |
45 months - it's Fancy Nancy and about a dog... Of course it's a hit... And I like the new vocabulary words. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
For Margaret Anastas, and absolute firecracker of an editor, all my thanks for ushering Nancy into the world and making the whole experience so much fun
-J,O'C.
For my agent and friend, Faith Hamlin, who has doggedly helped me through thick and thin
-R.P.G.
I am ecstatic.

Fancy Nancy is back! And when her family decides to get a dog, she's certain she can be fancier than ever. After all, a papillon—a small, delicate, fluffy dog—is the ultimate accessory. But her family wants a large, plain dog. How unglamorous!

With Fancy Nancy's trademark humor and warmth, Nancy discovers that real fanciness does not depend simply on appearance but more on a genuine joie de vivre, which is a fancy phrase for having lots of fun.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:05:03 -0400)

Nancy wants to adopt a special puppy so that she is no longer the only fancy member of her family, but after a day of puppysitting a papillon, she realizes that being fancy is not always the most important thing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,444,380 books! | Top bar: Always visible