Finding Daddy by Louise Plummer

Finding Daddy (edition 2007)

by Louise Plummer

Rating:***
Tags:young adult fiction

Finding Daddy by Louise Plummer

Reviewed by Cho for TeensReadToo.com

Mira is a 16-year-old living a wonderful life. She lives in a beautiful house with her mom and her grandma, "Bella." She has an awesome best friend, and a friend-turned-boyfriend.

Well, her life might sound complete but it isn't -- not for her. Mira's mom won't even talk about her dad. So she decides that since her mom won't tell her, she will find him on her own.

The easy part for Mira is that she does find him and decides to contact him. She thinks her father is amazing and questions why her mom left him. So she arranges to meet him, but before that happens, horrific events occur in Mira's life.

Murder. Betrayal. Sadness. Is Mira finally meeting her dad a good thing? Find out in FINDING DADDY by Louise Plummer. ( )
  GeniusJen | Oct 10, 2009 |
Wow! Quintessential warning against internet predators with a twist! I found myself thinking obsessively about what this family could have done differently to avoid the tragedy of the ending. Obviously there is the warning against trusting anyone on the internet. And then there is the honesty aspect. At some point parents have to stop protecting and start trusting. Part of protecting someone is giving them the tools to protect themselves. Mira definitely needed more information to keep herself safe. This was a quick read and was powerfully real. ( )
  tjsjohanna | Dec 10, 2007 |

MIRA KENT IS nearing her 16th birthday and wants to know more about a father she doesn't remember. Her mother tells her she has all his good qualities, but isn't specific. With nothing but a photo of her father, Mira wants more. She writes him imaginary notes:

Daddy, darling, where are you? I need you in my life. Aren't you curious about me? About school? I have a boyfriend named Dylan. Mom says you both made the decision during the divorce that you wouldn't be part of my life. It was easier, she says. It hasn't been easier for me. Look for me, dearest Daddy, and I'll look for you. I'll look until I find you.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:35:40 -0400)

Just before her sixteenth birthday, Mira finally tracks down the father she has never known, but a few days before meeting him--without her mother's or grandmother's knowledge--someone breaks into her home, beginning an escalating series of crimes.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,107,698 books! | Top bar: Always visible