Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Information Technology Project Management: Providing measurable…
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0471715395, Hardcover)Reach for a higher measure of success
An information technology project can be on time and within budget, but that doesn't mean it will be successful. The real measure of success is the value that the project delivers to the organization.
Now revised, this Second Edition of Jack Marchewka's Information Technology Project Management focuses on how to create Measurable Organizational Value (MOV) through IT projects. The author uses the concept of MOV to create a solid foundation for making decisions throughout the project's lifecycle and for integrating project management and IT concepts, tools, and techniques.
Highlights of the Second Edition
* New Chapter 12 on Project Procurement Management and Outsourcing.
* New Chapter 13 on Project Leadership, Ethics, and Multicultural Projects.
* Takes you through the different phases of the project life cycle, and introduces the concepts and tools that are appropriate for each specific phase of the project.
* Incorporates nine areas outlined in the Project Management Institute's Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) into the basic concepts associated with information systems management and software engineering.
* Chapter-opening vignettes, which comprise a continuing case about Husky Air (an air charter company), describe situations faced by project managers and teams undertaking IT projects.
* Chapters feature integrated hands-on case assignments.
* Includes a trial version of MS Project(TM).
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:09 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.