I Hate You! I Like You! by Tomek Bogacki

I Hate You! I Like You!

by Tomek Bogacki

123768,668 (4)None

This is a book that I would show to a second or third grader. It has a serious story line even though it is a short book. The lesson hear is about the length a true friend will go to. Even though one animal is saying he hates certain things about his friend, the friend shows him why he should not judge him. I really like the seriousness of the plot, in a picture book!.. This is a book that makes you keep thinking. ( )
  ronicadibartolo | Aug 28, 2013 |
This book is a cute story about two unlikely creatures meeting where a big huge one likes the small insect and the small insect hates the big one. The big one stays with the small one throughout the story even though the small one continues to say he hates him. But while all this is going on, the small one doesn't realize that the big one has been protecting him from the rain, other scary creatures and being a really good friend to him while the small one continues to say he hates him. Throughout the story there are not many words but the actions of the animals speak louder than words. At the end the small creature ends up realizing how awesome the big creature has treated him in spite of how he's talked to him. Then the small creature finnally says that he likes the Ig creature. This book is about an odd friendship that grows from hating and liking. This book's illustations are not pretty but still do a very good job of relaying the messages and emotions of these creatures. ( )
  HopeMiller123 | Feb 7, 2012 |
A story of two creatures, the small tells the other I hate you and the large one tells the small one I like you. When the large creature finally goes to leave, the little one tell it, ``Don't go away! I like you!' A story about friendship and tolerance.

Genre: Fiction
Age(s): 3-6 ( )
  feboudre | Oct 25, 2011 |

An enormous creature takes a liking to a tiny one and says, ""I like you!"" and the little one answers, ""I hate you!"" but when the big one becomes the little one's protector and companion, the little creature's feelings change.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:13 -0400)

A small creature dislikes just about everything about the large creature that wants to be friends.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,404,590 books! | Top bar: Always visible