I.Asimov: A Memoir by Isaac Asimov

I.Asimov: A Memoir (original 1994; edition 1995)

by Isaac Asimov

Member:StephenBarkley
Title:I.Asimov: A Memoir
Authors:Isaac Asimov
Info:Bantam (1995), Paperback, 592 pages
Collections:Your library, @Home
Tags:Non-Fiction, Biography, Writing

I. Asimov, A Memoir by Isaac Asimov (1994)

Asimov certainly had no lack of self confidence but was quick to point out his own shortcomings. A nice, if long, read in which Asimov shares his memories and thoughts on his life. Reading about Lester del Rey, John Campbell, Pohl, Sprague de Camp, Heinlein and so many associated with the early years of science fiction through Asimov's lens adds to my list of authors I want to get to in the next few years (Asimov's Robot and Foundation arc in 2011, Heinlein now in 2012 and Clarke for 2013, then?)

Good stuff. ( )
  Razinha | May 23, 2017 |
One of the first books I ever purchased at Borders. Asimov is a great writer. Strange but True: I don't own any of his fiction. ( )
  Tracy_Tomkowiak | Sep 14, 2016 |
My son was reading Foundation for his English class. I decided to read his memoirs. I had read his books as a teenager. He wrote this as he was dying. Nonetheless, his description of the growth of the Science Fiction community is fascinating: the Futurians, Heinlein, Campbell, the Back Door Spiders, etc. ( )
  jerry-book | Jan 26, 2016 |
Just a wonderful auto-bio in which AA talks about simply everything with his usual understated candor. A very funny and talented man. ( )
  BooksForDinner | Jan 21, 2016 |
I, Asimov by Isaac Asimov which won a Hugo in 1995 as Best Related Book. At over 560 pages, I thought that it would take me into the new year to finish but it was so interesting that I didn't want to put the book down and read every minute that I could. This memoir read very much as though the author was sitting in the room with me and telling interesting stories about himself, other authors, publishing, public speaking, and more. A good choice for someone interested in the history of American science fiction.
  hailelib | Jan 7, 2016 |
My dear wife, Janet, my partner in life and thought.
In 1977, I wrote my autobiography.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 055356997X, Paperback)

The long-awaited autobiography of the science fiction master. Filled with his opinions and insights on topics ranging from his own genius and his fear of flying to politics, love, mortality, Hollywood, and religion. Non-fiction.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:34 -0400)

An autobiography of the science fiction master. Filled with his opinions and insights on topics ranging from his own genius and his fear of flying to politics, love, mortality, Hollywood, and religion.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,484,349 books! | Top bar: Always visible