I.Asimov: A Memoir by Isaac Asimov

I.Asimov: A Memoir (original 1994; edition 1995)

by Isaac Asimov

Member:StephenBarkley
Title:I.Asimov: A Memoir
Authors:Isaac Asimov
Info:Bantam (1995), Paperback, 592 pages
Collections:Your library, @Home
Tags:Non-Fiction, Biography, Writing

I. Asimov, A Memoir by Isaac Asimov (1994)

My Goodness, it's a pun! And also a reference to his principal hit! And that's isaac, maximizing his talents and giving us a pretty honest autobiography. The place that he held as a science popularizer will be very hard to fill, and the affection born in millions of fans will take a very long time to fade! ( )
  DinadansFriend | May 3, 2014 |
A fascinating read. Asimov's autobiography convinced me that he was a great writer. His idea of a great day was to arrive early at the post office, collect and go through his mail, and then retire to his attic where he would write into the evening. Yet, he led a rich and varied life. His story, about himself, his world, and the people in it, reveal a worthy life. ( )
  Traveller1 | Mar 30, 2013 |
An easy read, this memoir consists of roughly chronological musings on various topics and people who have meant something to Asimov during his lifetime. It gives you a real taste of the man's personality, his inquisitiveness, his willingness to question and learn throughout his life, and yes, his flaws, about which he is very frank. ( )
1 vote karenmerguerian | Oct 8, 2007 |
Isaac Asimov died, to my sorrow, in 1992. He was one of my favorite science fiction writers (although he was more than that), and one of the most charming, personable and interesting. I have not yet had the chance to read his earlier two books of memoirs, and so jumped at this book. It did not disappoint. Asimov is always interesting and readable, even when writing on his favorite subject, himself (he always contended that technically he was not a vain man, since everything he claimed for himself he could back up). Indeed, I have decided to adopt the pattern of this book for my own intended memoirs one day - to break up one's life into influential events and people, and tell everything in that organizational pattern, rather than a straight chronological progression. The loss of Asimov has diminished humanity to a degree, but this book does some little to fill the hole. ( )
  burnit99 | Dec 26, 2006 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 055356997X, Paperback)

The long-awaited autobiography of the science fiction master. Filled with his opinions and insights on topics ranging from his own genius and his fear of flying to politics, love, mortality, Hollywood, and religion. Non-fiction.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:21:18 -0400)

An autobiography of the science fiction master. Filled with his opinions and insights on topics ranging from his own genius and his fear of flying to politics, love, mortality, Hollywood, and religion.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,823,914 books! | Top bar: Always visible