I.Asimov: A Memoir by Isaac Asimov

I.Asimov: A Memoir (original 1994; edition 1995)

by Isaac Asimov

Member:StephenBarkley
Title:I.Asimov: A Memoir
Authors:Isaac Asimov
Info:Bantam (1995), Paperback, 592 pages
Collections:Your library, @Home
Tags:Non-Fiction, Biography, Writing

I. Asimov, A Memoir by Isaac Asimov (1994)

My son was reading Foundation for his English class. I decided to read his memoirs. I had read his books as a teenager. He wrote this as he was dying. Nonetheless, his description of the growth of the Science Fiction community is fascinating: the Futurians, Heinlein, Campbell, the Back Door Spiders, etc. ( )
  jerry-book | Jan 26, 2016 |
Just a wonderful auto-bio in which AA talks about simply everything with his usual understated candor. A very funny and talented man. ( )
  BooksForDinner | Jan 21, 2016 |
I, Asimov by Isaac Asimov which won a Hugo in 1995 as Best Related Book. At over 560 pages, I thought that it would take me into the new year to finish but it was so interesting that I didn't want to put the book down and read every minute that I could. This memoir read very much as though the author was sitting in the room with me and telling interesting stories about himself, other authors, publishing, public speaking, and more. A good choice for someone interested in the history of American science fiction.
  hailelib | Jan 7, 2016 |
This late memoir differs from the late Asimov's two volume autobiography in that it is something of a commentary on his life rather than just the story of his life. It is interesting, among other things, for what the good Doctor Asimov reveals about his marital troubles, his medical history and his sore spots, e.g., the scars left by anti-Semitism in higher education and the cost of being intelligent enough to always be the youngest, often by several years, in high school and college. ( )
  nmele | May 11, 2015 |
My Goodness, it's a pun! And also a reference to his principal hit! And that's isaac, maximizing his talents and giving us a pretty honest autobiography. The place that he held as a science popularizer will be very hard to fill, and the affection born in millions of fans will take a very long time to fade! ( )
  DinadansFriend | May 3, 2014 |
My dear wife, Janet, my partner in life and thought.
In 1977, I wrote my autobiography.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 055356997X, Paperback)

The long-awaited autobiography of the science fiction master. Filled with his opinions and insights on topics ranging from his own genius and his fear of flying to politics, love, mortality, Hollywood, and religion. Non-fiction.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:34 -0400)

An autobiography of the science fiction master. Filled with his opinions and insights on topics ranging from his own genius and his fear of flying to politics, love, mortality, Hollywood, and religion.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,841,365 books! | Top bar: Always visible