Stroking The Python by Diane Stein

Stroking The Python (1988)

by Diane Stein

Though I like to consider myself a relatively open-minded and deeply spiritual person, I found this book a little bit difficult to read. I found it too flaky for my liking, and had trouble with some of the more New Age thoughts which were expressed. I'm keeping it in my personal library though because I do want to try to read it again at some point in the future, and I do appreciate a few of the chapters. I especially liked the meditation described at the very beginning of the book. ( )
  aliaschase | May 29, 2011 |
All knowledge of Fate comes from all female depths; none of the surface powers know it. Whoever wants to ask about fate must do down to the woman.
~ Helen Diner,
Mothers and Amazons:
The First Feminine History of Culture

(New York, The Julian Press, 1965) p 24
For my Grandmother
          Anna Backman
Feb 9, 1906 - June 11, 1987

Wh never told me she was psychic
The Python is women's psychic power and an image of the Goddess.

Awakening To The Power Within

The Python is women's psychic power and Goddess image. She is Gaea, Pythia, Tiamat, Shakti, Kwannon, Ua, Zit, Rainbow. Serpent, Coatlique, and Yamaua. Worldwide the Serpent or Snake Goddess is an archetype of the female and of women's inner power. the Snake or Python is psychic ability, the Goddess within all women. To Stroke the Python is to invite, choose and accept psychic knowledge, power and responsibility. It is opening to the rising energy of women's psychic Be-ing.

In the Greek legends of Troy, Cassandra, daughter of Hercules, was gifted with prophecy. She gained her gift as a child at Delphi when she Stroked the Python of Gaea's temple, becoming a psychic, clairvoyant and prietess. Gaea, the Python, was the Goddess of oracles and mother/creator of Earth

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,757,820 books! | Top bar: Always visible