New Socks by Bob Shea

New Socks

by Bob Shea

I believe that this is one of the smartest and liveliest books for early readers. It pairs colorful illustrations with the ability to grab the readers attention with quick phrases that allow the reader to easily follow the text and learn to read. I actually found myself laughing throughout reading the book. I think it is simply one of the most eloquent and quite frankly cute books that has ever crossed my path. As a little chick names Leon finds his way into appreciate his new piece of clothing, we learn to appreciate Leon as he is. ( )
  lpittman | Feb 2, 2017 |
New Socks, by Bob Shea is a story about a little chick who gets a new pair of socks. Throughout the story he tells of all the fun things he is doing with his socks, like sliding across the floor and going down the big kid slide. This book could be used to talk to younger kids about clothing and what clothing is appropriate in different weather and different places. I think this is a cute story, but it is not my favorite. I think it would be a great book for kids to read on their own, rather than a book for teachers to read aloud. ( )
  hallen11 | Sep 23, 2015 |
I love Bob Shea. Pretty much everything he does is golden. ( )
  nycke137 | Jul 29, 2014 |
This book is a very cute book to read with your younger children or students. It will help the children who are starting out to read. It has a clear concept and it is very easy to read with students. It would be a very fun book to do some activities with.
  SamiRomanecz | Oct 15, 2013 |
My new favorite children's book!! Made me laugh all the way through! ( )
  wwrawson | Mar 31, 2013 |

Something new can change the way you look; it can change the way you feel; and, in the case of new socks, it can change the way you walk--especially if you're a chicken. With a quirky sense of humor, retro style, and hip attitude, Bob Shea captures the excitement one irresistible chick experiences when he puts on a brand new pair of socks.

This is for readers who have decided that they can wear nothing but their superman capes or tutus or have discovered that the only food worth eating is macoroni and cheese. In other words, this book is told with "kid logic" and it embraces the affection we have for things when they're brand new.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:49 -0400)

A chicken is filled with excitement and self-confidence when he dons a new pair of orange socks.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,652,171 books! | Top bar: Always visible