Gezeitenstern-Saga 01: Der unsterbliche…

Gezeitenstern-Saga 01: Der unsterbliche Prinz (22 Std.) (edition 2008)

by Jennifer Fallon, René Satzer (Übersetzer), Katrin Kremmler (Übersetzer)

Member:juli62
Title:Gezeitenstern-Saga 01: Der unsterbliche Prinz (22 Std.)
Authors:Jennifer Fallon
Other authors:René Satzer (Übersetzer), Katrin Kremmler (Übersetzer)
Info:LYX (2008), Ausgabe: 1., Taschenbuch, 652 Seiten
Collections:Deine Hörbucher
Rating:***1/2
Tags:High Fantasy, audible

The Immortal Prince by Jennifer Fallon

English (11)  German (1)  All languages (12)
Very readable Australian fantasy that's not afraid to handle some tricky themes, and with a few clever plot twists - though I saw plenty others coming a mile off, and the characterisation's a little too facile at times for my taste. Having said that, I definitely want to read the next book in the series :-). ( )
  salimbol | Nov 11, 2013 |
immortals,Amazon received
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
TIDE LORDS
  rustyoldboat | May 28, 2011 |
Great story. Well written and well told and it had me wanting to read more. Some parts I found dragged just a little, but all in all, amazing! ( )
  ashooles | Mar 3, 2011 |
Well, sadly I finished the first book in this series. Mostly because I enjoyed it until the end. I really didn't want it to end. I did guess some of the twists, but some of them I didn't see coming, too much.

Her main character, the Duchess, does quite well in defining herself through the book. Or rather, it's trying to define herself as an academic, and prove herself, in a world filled with men thinking woman are good just for babies. But factor into this the fact that magic is real, and the man she is questioning isn't insane, but in fact a Tide Lord able to manipulate magic like a demigod. Well, it is a mixture of myth turned real. Even if the myth is made-up for a made-up planet/world.

I liked this one as much as her other books. I really like the way her writing pulls you through the story. You can't put this one down if you like Romance Novels. It is a blend of a good romance and a fantasy book. I've already placed the next in the series on order. Hope it comes soon. ( )
  Tiffmeister | Aug 20, 2010 |
For the minions
As the last of the stragglers stumbled into the cave, Krynan looked back over his shoulder at the end of the world, wondering vaguely why he felt nothing.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0765356074, Mass Market Paperback)

When a routine hanging goes wrong and a murderer somehow survives the noose, the man announces he is an immortal. And not just any immortal, but Cayal, the Immortal Prince, hero of legend, thought to be only a fictional character. To most he is a figure out of the Tide Lord Tarot, the only record left on Amyrantha of the mythical beings whom fable tells created the race of half-human, half-animal Crasii, a race of slaves.

Arkady Desean is an expert on the legends of the Tide Lords so at the request of the King's Spymaster, she is sent to interrogate this would-be immortal, hoping to prove he is a spy, or at the very least, a madman.

Though she is set the task of proving Cayal a liar, Arkady finds herself believing him, against her own good sense. And as she begins to truly believe in the Tide Lords, her own web of lies begins to unravel...

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:52:25 -0400)

The gods of legend rise again on the world of Amyrantha in this tale of court intrigue, human-animal half-breeds, and claims of immortality.

Jennifer Fallon is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,442,192 books! | Top bar: Always visible