Whispering Rock (Virgin River, Book 3) by…

Whispering Rock (Virgin River, Book 3)

by Robyn Carr

Series: Virgin River (3)

Mike was almost killed as an LAPD officer, and heads to Virgin River to recover. Brie, a Sacramento prosecutor, also heads to Virgin River after a crazed criminal that she prosecuted comes after her. The two wounded souls come together…forever. And lots of back stories about the town folks to fill in from previous books and set up for the next ones. ( )
  nancynova | Oct 25, 2017 |
This series, let me tell you, it's not one you want to skip around from book to book, it's story unfurls with each chapter with new characters and growing stories. Our main characters are Mike and Brie, both wounded but together made strong. Their love is slow to grow, but telling. This author managed to make me cry many times within this novel. Catching rapists are part of the theme in this novel, as well as coming together, learning to trust one another, and love. Babies were born and people died but together all the characters stayed strong and made it through each hardship, and I gotta say that this very perseverance is quite appealing and will keep me on the look out for other Virgin River novels. And yes, I will read them in order! ( )
  mariahsidhe | May 12, 2016 |
A nice, solid 3 stars. I liked it and I'm happy I read it. ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
Mike and Brie recovering from rape. ( )
  pennykaplan | Mar 26, 2015 |
This series just keep getting better and better. This book was all about the very disturbing topic of rape and that made the story that much more powerfull and emotional. We met a couple of new characters that we'll set the tone for the rest of the series and we had some pretty great scenes with the characters from the past books. The relationship between Mike and Brie was felt real for me and I can't get over the fact of how much a source of strenght Mike was for Brie in a very difficult time of her life. Beautiful. ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |

Carr, RobynAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Plummer, ThereseReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Zweedijk, Ingridsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Michelle Mazzanti and Kristy Price, an author's best friends.
Mike Valenzuela was up and had his Jeep SUV packed long before sunrise.

The tightly knit community of Virgin River has been a safe haven for more than a few lost souls over the years -- and there's always room for more . . .

A decorated U.S. Marine reservist, LAPD officer Mike Valenzuela was badly wounded in the line of duty, but has found hope and healing in Virgin River. When he agrees to become the town's first cop, he does so knowing it's time he settled down. Twice divorced and the lover of too many women, he secretly longs for the kind of commitment and happiness his marine buddies have found -- a woman who can tie up his heart forever. He finds that woman in Brie Sheridan, a Sacramento prosecutor who understands his drive to protect and serve. Virgin River becomes a safe haven for Brie after nearly losing her life at the hands of a crazed criminal. Though tough and courageous, she's got some fears she can't escape -- but now she has someone who will show her just what it means to trust again.

Mike will do anything to help Brie free herself from painful memories. Passionate, strong and gentle, he vows to give back to her what she's so selflessly given him -- her heart, and with it, a new beginning.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0778324494, Mass Market Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:13 -0400)

A twice-married, decorated U.S. Marine Corps reservist who had been wounded in the line of duty, LAPD officer Mike Valenzuela finds peace and healing in the town of Virgin River, as well as new love in the person of Brie Sheridan, a Sacramento prosecutor who has sought refuge in Virgin River after nearly losing her life at the hands of a deranged criminal.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,675,394 books! | Top bar: Always visible