Praying in Color: Drawing a New Path to God…

Praying in Color: Drawing a New Path to God (Active Prayer Series)

by Sybil MacBeth

208256,261 (4.13)1

Focusing mostly on intercessory prayer, Sybil MacBeth helps us 'Right Brain' people stay engaged in prayer through drawing our prayers (drawing a shape with the person's name in and continue to decorate their name, focusing on praying for the person as you draw). In the end, you have a visual representation of your prayer which continues to call you to prayer for that person (or people)

Of course she doesn't restrict herself to intercessory prayer. Macbeth also uses this technique to explore the meaning of concepts, ideas, complaints and scriptural meditation.

As I am giving a 'book like this' a positive review, I figure a few friends may call me out on it, because I tend to be critical of 'prayer methods' and 'prayer technique' books. This book is pretty focused on exploring a particular prayer 'technique' and it is possible to take the Macbeth's exercises, empty them of relating to God and treat them simply as something cathartic. Such a technique may still feel beneficial and meaningful, but it wouldn't truly be prayer. However using a device like this to focus your energy on prayer, doing something kinetic to connect yourself with God (even doodling!) can be really helpful. I plan to try out some of the exercises Macbeth suggests. I think the strength of this book is that it takes something that people do anyway (I'm a compulsive doodler) and recasts it as prayer.
  Jamichuk | May 22, 2017 |
This was a fun book and brought new life into my intercessory prayers. I highly recommend. ( )
  MtrBev | Jul 23, 2015 |

Chapters on the following: Prayer Dilemmas, Praying in Color, Prayer Frustration, Prayer Popping, Praying for Others, and Praying in a New Way. This exercise is not about creating artwork, but it is about the process of giving things over to God in a relaxing and visual way. A DVD for a workshop based on Praying in Color is also available.
Dibujando un camino nuevo hacia Dios.

Praying for the right side of your brain… Now in Spanish!

It is rare to find a book that is so simple and profound. Praying in Color has forever changed the way that tens of thousands of people pray.

This prayer form can take as little or as much time as you have or want to commit. Drawing is half the prayer, the other half is transporting the visual memories or actual physical images with you to pray throughout the day.

This new prayer form can take as little or as much time as you have or want to commit. Any time of the day. Drawing is half the prayer, the other half is transporting the visual memories or actual images with you to pray throughout the day.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,688,995 books! | Top bar: Always visible