Exactly the Opposite by Tana Hoban

Exactly the Opposite

by Tana Hoban

I like this concept book the most of all the opposite concept books I've read thus far. It doesn't have words so it leaves the interpretations up to the children and I believe it would result in some pretty interesting discussion and opinions. ( )
  MeganSchneider2 | Apr 24, 2017 |
"Exactly the Opposite" is purely a book of pictures showing what opposites are. Some things showed are open vs. closed, push vs. pull, full vs. empty, etc.I would suggest this book for preschool or Kindergarteners.
  audreybusch | Apr 9, 2017 |
This wordless book visually represents opposites in a myriad of ways; some photos are still-life, while others show pictures of children playing. Some opposites are obvious, and others are more abstract. ( )
  TammyBB | Jul 7, 2016 |
I felt like I was being tested, and some I'm a bit confused about. The hammock, for example - full and empty? Or what? Still, every preschooler needs a little Hoban in her life. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
Summary: Concept wordless picture book filled with two page spreads of photographs of opposites. Large color photos are common objects young children will be familiar with and recognize.

Reflection: The large photographs make it easy for children to compare the two items. Nice book to teach about opposites. ( )
  AlinaA | Jan 29, 2016 |
This one is for Gail

A fantastic book about opposites, indeed descriptors of every kind, without a single word in sight. I love using this book to practice descriptors and comparisons (are these gates the same? no. one is open and one is closed. they are different) with my preschoolers. Tana Hoban is one of the best when it comes to making concept books.

Brilliant photographs present a world of possible opposites. "Beautiful, elegantly composed, nourishing to eye and mind."--Kirkus Reviews. "Another winner from an artist with a seemingly unlimited imagination."--Horn Book.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:21 -0400)

Photographs of familiar outdoor scenes illustrate pairs of opposites.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,442,987 books! | Top bar: Always visible