Getting Started with Latin: Beginning Latin…

Getting Started with Latin: Beginning Latin for Homeschoolers and…

by William E. Linney

Recently added byAboutFACELibrary, private library, lfriedla, blissophist, gottfried_leibniz, leahrose85

A Great book for beginners, I would recommend this to anyone who is interested in Latin.
As I was trying to translate, I felt as if I am solving a puzzle trying to connect the words.

I want to do the exercises again.

Deus Vult!
Deo Gloria!

gottfried_leibniz | Apr 5, 2018 |

I want to do the exercises again.

Deus Vult!
Deo Gloria!

gottfried_leibniz | Apr 5, 2018 |
A very useful introductory text covering the first and second declensions (both nouns and adjectives) and verbs in the active present indicative.

Each lesson adds only one more element so it allows you to build knowledge at your own pace.

It should be noted that this book only covers a very limited area of Latin, but is a good introductory volume as it makes the language a lot less daunting than starting with the more popular texts (id est Wheelock). ( )
1 vote TineOliver | Sep 27, 2010 |

What's preventing you from teaching Latin in your homeschool or learning it on your own? If you're intimidated because you've never studied Latin, bewildered by traditional Latin books that move too fast, or just don't know where to begin, then Getting Started with Latin is for you! Specifically designed to overcome these types of obstacles, Getting Started with Latin is divided into simple lessons that explain the fundamentals of Latin grammar in a way that anyone can grasp. Instead of burying you in mountains of information to memorize, new words and concepts are introduced in a gradual and systematic way. You can immediately apply what you've learned by translating the fun exercises at the end of each lesson. Quickly check your work by turning to the included answer key. To hear the words pronounced, simply download the free recordings from www.GettingStartedWithLatin.com. For additional help and instruction, the author has provided extensive audio commentary recordings that teach through every lesson and exercise in the book. With everything you need here in one book, why aren't you Getting Started with Latin?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:41 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,741,696 books! | Top bar: Always visible