A Dangerous Thing by Josh Lanyon

A Dangerous Thing

by Josh Lanyon

2051757,211 (4.24)3

I am almost afraid to read the next book in the series. That's how much I liked this one. In two hundred or so pages it managed to pack so many things and to stay awesome.

To escape a writer's block and whatever he and Jake have (or don't have as the case may be), Adrien goes to his ranch in northern California. Near the house he finds a corpse, but when the sheriff and his deputy arrive, the corpse is gone.
The whole story revolves around Adrien's property and what he finds there. The history of the town plays an important role. ( )
  Aneris | Apr 22, 2017 |
4.5 stars

I'm loving this series. I really like how the main character is gay without the whole story being about his gayness. This book is a complete, very interesting mystery with his love life as just one of the factors. Humor and suspense pop up freely. I can't wait to start the next one. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
4.5 stars

ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
This is a great continuation of the complicated interaction between Adrien English and Jake Riordan, and many of their personal conversations highlight some of the differences between their thought processes and how they see things, which shows that, on a personal level, they would have a long way to go if their relationship (if you can even call it that) would ever work out. At this point, though the romantic in me wants that to happen, I'm not sure how it possibly can.

As for the case, the case is interesting, and the ultimate explanation isn't what one would expect from the earlier clues. ( )
  saohicwitch | Apr 21, 2016 |
fantastic! review coming... ( )
  kara-karina | Nov 20, 2015 |

Adrien English Mystery Series #2 Suffering from writer's block and frustrated with his tentative relationship with hot but closeted L.A.P.D. Homicide Detective Jake Riordan, gay bookseller and mystery writer Adrien English travels to northern California where he finds a body in his front drive. By the time the sheriffs arrive, the body has disappeared, and Adrien once again finds himself playing amateur sleuth. But when the game turns deadly, Adrien turns to Jake. Jake may be confused about some things, but keeping his lover alive is not one of them--no matter what the cost.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:01 -0400)

In this second LA-based adventure, bookseller Adrien English arrives at the Pine Shadow Ranch (left to him by a beloved grandmother) to find a corpse in his driveway. But by the time the unfriendly local sheriffs arrive, the body has disappeared. Who are the mysterious strangers excavating on his land? And will he sort out his problems with LAPD Detective Jake Riordan, heavily into S/M sex but not so hot on relationships? Find out in this engrossing, slyly witty thriller.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,474,227 books! | Top bar: Always visible