The Scarlet Thread by Francine Rivers

The Scarlet Thread (1996)

by Francine Rivers

from innae's bookbox; nice double story. In current day, Sierra marries her high school love, and buries herself in raising her family. But she and Alex grow apart, after a move away from her hometown and into high profile Los Angeles. She moves her kids and herself out of the house, after her husband's affair was revealed. On the Oregon train, Sierra's ancestor chronicles her journey with her husband James, dealing with the death of her child, some of the wagon mates, and later her husband. What is to become of these two women and how is the Lord's hand shown in their lives? Will send this one along for the Kairos book table ( )
  nancynova | Jul 29, 2014 |
Two women, one of the nineties the other a young pioneer on the Oregon Trail, are joined through a tattered journal as they contend with God, husbands, and themselves, until they find their true love.
  apachurch | Apr 13, 2014 |
I really enjoyed this book! Two stories in one. Sierra and Mary Kathryn had a lot in common even though they were seperated by many years, but they were related! They both were very forgiving, much more than I am, especially Sierra taking her husband back after all the terrible things he did to her, adultery being the worst. She did have her faults and did contribute to the break-up, but I was upset when she took him back. I have read other books by this author and I'm looking forward to reading The Mark of the Lion Series. ( )
  GrannyNanny | Jun 5, 2012 |
Excellent book. Read it twice now. I love the way Francine Rivers takes the bible and makes a fictional book out of its truths into our 21st century world. But I have to agree that her book Redeeming Love is still my favorite. ( )
  pef | Nov 13, 2010 |
A fabulous spiritual read. I've never been disappointed in any books by Francine Rivers.

After her marriage dissolves, Sierra finds solace in the diaries of her ancestor, Mary. The scarlet thread binds the two, though they never met.

A very good book that was hard to put down. A strong, powerful ending that won't let you down. ( )
  Nicnac63 | Oct 27, 2010 |
"To Sue Habn, Fran Kane, and Donzella Schlager...my traveling companions."
Sierra Clanton Madrid couldn't stop shaking.

This best-selling novel by popular author Francine Rivers is now available in mass paper. When Sierra discovers her young ancestor's handcrafted quilt and reads her journal, she finds that their lives are very similar. By following her ancestor's example, she learns to surrender to God's sovereignty and unconditional love.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:02:50 -0400)

When Sierra finds a quilt made by one of her ancestors, she begins to explore the young woman's life and rediscovers her own spirituality.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,748,603 books! | Top bar: Always visible