The Scarlet Thread by Francine Rivers

The Scarlet Thread (1996)

by Francine Rivers

856None10,388 (4.03)9
Recently added bylibrarymom6, JABC, apachurch, kbeihl, Rockhaven, villagegtown, private library, SusanJackson, Swade0710

Two women, one of the nineties the other a young pioneer on the Oregon Trail, are joined through a tattered journal as they contend with God, husbands, and themselves, until they find their true love.
  apachurch | Apr 13, 2014 |
I really enjoyed this book! Two stories in one. Sierra and Mary Kathryn had a lot in common even though they were seperated by many years, but they were related! They both were very forgiving, much more than I am, especially Sierra taking her husband back after all the terrible things he did to her, adultery being the worst. She did have her faults and did contribute to the break-up, but I was upset when she took him back. I have read other books by this author and I'm looking forward to reading The Mark of the Lion Series. ( )
  GrannyNanny | Jun 5, 2012 |
Excellent book. Read it twice now. I love the way Francine Rivers takes the bible and makes a fictional book out of its truths into our 21st century world. But I have to agree that her book Redeeming Love is still my favorite. ( )
  pef | Nov 13, 2010 |
A fabulous spiritual read. I've never been disappointed in any books by Francine Rivers.

After her marriage dissolves, Sierra finds solace in the diaries of her ancestor, Mary. The scarlet thread binds the two, though they never met.

A very good book that was hard to put down. A strong, powerful ending that won't let you down. ( )
  Nicnac63 | Oct 27, 2010 |
January 2010 - Review by Alina (daughter of Tim & Cheryl Walker): All of Francine Rivers' books are excellent. They are recommended for older teen to adult. This and Redeeming Love are two of my favorite books by Francine Rivers. Highly recommended. ( )
  CherylWalker | Jan 11, 2010 |
"To Sue Habn, Fran Kane, and Donzella Schlager...my traveling companions."
"Sierra Clanton Madrid couldn't stop shaking."

This best-selling novel by popular author Francine Rivers is now available in mass paper. When Sierra discovers her young ancestor's handcrafted quilt and reads her journal, she finds that their lives are very similar. By following her ancestor's example, she learns to surrender to God's sovereignty and unconditional love.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:02:50 -0400)

When Sierra finds a quilt made by one of her ancestors, she begins to explore the young woman's life and rediscovers her own spirituality.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,504,872 books! | Top bar: Always visible