The Intruders by Michael Marshall

The Intruders (original 2007; edition 2007)

by Michael Marshall

Member:steg.org.uk
Title:The Intruders
Authors:Michael Marshall
Info:Harper (2008), Paperback, 496 pages
Rating:***
Tags:crime, fiction, USA, supernatural

The Intruders by Michael Marshall Smith (2007)

Recently added byMantra, darcy36, krv64, private library, Bluechew, earthwind, col2910, ladodd, hammyjam

Really wanted to like this book. It started out well but I just couldn't get into it. ( )
  planetmut | Dec 31, 2013 |
Sorry this book wasn't for me starts off well, I thought I was going to enjoy it.
To be fair super natural stories aren't my thing.

It took me about 300 pages to realize this wasn't my cup of tea but I wanted to finish it.

Potentially a really good idea if you are into these types of stories. But not for me. ( )
  Daftboy1 | Jan 7, 2013 |
Everything Marshall writes is a pleasure to read, and this thriller doesn't disappoint. As usual his writing moves at a pace, with short chapters dense with fascinating characters and vivid locations which jump out of the page. As is his tendency, what seems simple at first develops into a backdrop of conspiracy with a tinge of fantasy/sci-fi underpinning it all.Highly recommended, I just wish he'd go back and apply his talent to some more pure sci-fi as Michael Marshall Smith. ( )
  ennui2342 | Jan 7, 2010 |
I'm really not all that into his thriller/airport fiction stuff, but I'll keep reading it in case it shows any of the aceness of his quirky scifi books from the 90s.I've started reading this one, it's better than The Straw Man books. ( )
  stephenaturton | Mar 9, 2009 |
Very good book, makes me happy to see Marshall back to form.Be advised, this book contains supernatural elements, if that sort of thing bothers you. ( )
  tundranocaps | Feb 3, 2009 |
How can we be sure we are not imposters? - Jaques Lacan (The four fundamental concepts of psychoanalysis)
For Nathaniel - I did it.
Thump, thump, thump.

Stunning new psychological thriller from the bestselling author of 'The Straw Men'. Jack Whalen was an LAPD patrol cop for twelve years. He left in difficult circumstances and now he's not really sure what he is. He's not too sure about his wife, either -- when she goes missing on a routine business trip to Seattle, Jack heads up there to find her: only to discover she's not really missing after all. Over the coming days it becomes increasingly clear that something has changed, however -- and is still changing. Jack is meanwhile contacted by a childhood acquaintance, Gary Fisher. Fisher's a lawyer now, and wants help in solving an odd little mystery concerning a businessman's will. The further Jack digs, the bigger the mystery seems to be -- and the stranger Fisher becomes. And in Oregon, a ten-year-old girl goes missing. It gradually becomes clear that she's at least partly in control of the situation, however -- and also that she's very far from defenceless. Searching for answers in the dark secrets of a past that still haunts him, Jack discovers that the truth has roots deeper and darker than he ever feared.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:49:12 -0400)

"When ex-LAPD patrol cop Jack Whalen's wife goes missing on a routine business trip, his world is shaken. Jack sets out to search for her, only to discover that there is something far more mysterious going on than her apparent disappearance." --COVER.… (more)

Five editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,528,588 books! | Top bar: Always visible