A Hard Rain by Dean Wesley Smith
Captian Picard must find a way to save the Enterprise and its crew when the ship loses power and drifts into a zone of warped space and time.

I have mixed feelings about this book. On the one hand, it was an okay mystery with a little bit of Sci Fi.

Something called The Heart of the Adjuster is lost in the holodeck (which is also stuck on with the safeties stuck off). It's Jean-Luc as Dixon Hill, Data, and Beverly's job to find it. They go through a good portion of the program's underworld to do it too.

Unfortunately it took me a really long time to get into the narrative style in this book. And it also seemed sometimes like the author didn't quite get the characters he was writing. It was an okay Star Trek Novel, but not a great one. ( )
  DanieXJ | Aug 4, 2018 |
Don't expect a serious mystery, or a thought-provoking SF. Don't expect complex characters or dramatic encounters with non-humans. Don't be put off by a lot of bloodshed. It's just a fun quick casual read, in the tradition of classic pulp. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
I read this while stuck in a "black hole". Twice. In a row. If you like Next Gen and holodecks, I'm sure you'll enjoy this book. It delves into the Dixon Hill world much more than its filmed counterparts, along with a related real-world problem. ( )
  Michael_Rose | Jan 10, 2016 |
This is the only Star Trek book that I've ever thought was terrible. It was very repetitive and lacked the strong story line that I have come to expect from a Star Trek book.
  maggiemay1992 | Oct 30, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,744,812 books! | Top bar: Always visible