They Also Serve by Mike Moscoe

They Also Serve (2001)

by Mike Moscoe

Series: Society of Humanity (3), Unity War (3), Jump Universe (3)

This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.leafmarks.tumblr.com by express permission of this reviewer.  Title: They Also Serve  Series: Jump Universe  Author: Mike Moscoe  Rating: 3 of 5 Stars  Genre: SF  Pages: 357     Synopsis: Trouble and Crew get their ship sabotaged and in jumping end up at a Lost colony from the first lost jump ship. The world is being run, in the background, by an ancient supercomputer. Only problem is, it appears to have gone insane and is now splitting part into separate entries. So the crew must figure out a way home, solve the domestic squabbles their presence has created AND fight a super computer that wants to kill every human on the planet.   My Thoughts: I think I've had enough of Mike Moscoe/Shepherd. There has never been 1 big thing that has annoyed me, but just a series of little pinpricks and this book pushed me over the edge.   False guilt, internal melodrama, people acting like idiots for apparent reason, are among some of the reasons I won't continuing with this author. Another big one is characters who deny they are good at something so that others are forced to say so. I HATE it when people fish for compliments or pretend to be modest.   Au revoir Mike. You always rubbed me the wrong way and now I don't have to deal with it any more. Ahhh, it feels good.   " ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |

Mike Moscoeprimary authorall editionscalculated
Grimando, ScottCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kolsky, DianaCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441007953, Mass Market Paperback)

Adversaries in an interstellar war are now working together to keep the peace. But can they protect themselves from an enemy they can't even see?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:35 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,286,329 books! | Top bar: Always visible