Proven Guilty (The Dresden Files, Book 8) by…

Proven Guilty (The Dresden Files, Book 8) (edition 2007)

by Jim Butcher

Member:miyyu
Title:Proven Guilty (The Dresden Files, Book 8)
Authors:Jim Butcher
Info:Roc (2007), Mass Market Paperback, 576 pages
Tags:fiction, nook book

Proven Guilty by Jim Butcher

English (96)  German (1)  All languages (97)
Better than the last couple I read but will give it a break for a while. I chose to read this series as my husband loved them. I can see some of the reasons. The characters are light and clear cut, the stories are hero tales and if you love superheroes then this would be a totally suitable series. For me there is a lack of development of the characters and relationships currently (the best parallel I can think of is either discworld novels which I enjoy but cannot read too often as its like a sitcom you dip into and know the "style" of). ( )
  Felicity-Smith | May 29, 2016 |
Book #8 (of 15) in the Dresden Files series has been read/narrated (James Marsters, the narrator, continues to demonstrate hisf prowess as the series continues). No one is more amazed than I that my interest in this genre has continued - unabated!! Mouse was introduced in Book #6 (Blood Rites) and I've fallen more and more under his spell as the series unfolds! Adorable doesn't begin to describe Mouse and my heart (literally!) skipped a beat as Proven Guilty's plot unfolded and Mouse faced various and sundry beyond dangerous situations - as do all of the characters in this series! On to Book #9 - White Night - just put it on hold at my beloved library!! ( )
  idajo | May 8, 2016 |
Some extra squick factor here due to Butcher's penchant for carefully describing each female character's sexual attractiveness and the fact that this book prominently features a teenage female character, but if you can get beyond that, this was one of my favorite plots in the series. ( )
  BraveNewBks | Mar 10, 2016 |
I think my favorite character is Mister ( )
  brandochic | Feb 22, 2016 |
Harry and Thomas, finally resolve some of the unspoken issues between them. Harry gets a call from a friends daughter that eventually leads him into the Horror-con world. This con has a nice twist, your worst movie nightmare can hurt you. Harry joins forces with Murphy, Thomas, and believe it or not Charity. They travel to dangerous places to save one they love risking everything. The outcome of this book shifts Harry's future majorly. I can't wait to get to the next Book ! ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |

Jim Butcherprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Marsters, JamesNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Blood leaves no stain on a Warden's grey cloak.
I don't care about whose DNA has recombined with whose. When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching--they are your family.
Children are a precious gift, but they belong to no one but themselves. They are only lent us a little while.

There's no love lost between Harry Dresden, the only wizard in the Chicago phone book, and hte white Council of Wizards, who find him brash and undisciplined. But war with the vampires has thinned their ranks, so the Council has drafted Harry as a Warden and assigned him to look into rumors of black magic in the Windy City.

As Harry adjusts to his new role, another problem arrives in the form of the tattooed and pierced daughter of an old friend, all grown-up and already in trouble. Her boyfriend is the only suspect in what looks like a supernatural assault straight out of a horror film. Malevolent entities that feed on fear are loose in Chicago, but it's all in a day's work for a wizard, his faithful dog, and a talking skull named Bob ...

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451461037, Mass Market Paperback)

The White Council of Wizards has drafted Harry Dresden as a Warden and assigned him to look into rumors of black magic in Chicago. Malevolent entities that feed on fear are loose in the Windy City, but it's all in a day's work for a wizard, his faithful dog, and a talking skull named Bob.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:34 -0400)

There's no love lost between Harry Dresden, the only wizard in the Chicago phone book, and the White Council of Wizards, who find him brash and undisciplined. But war with the vampires has thinned their ranks, so the Council has drafted harry as a Warden and assigned him to look into rumors of black magic in the Windy City. As Harry adjusts to his new role, another problem arrives in the form of the tattooed and pierced daughter of an old friend, all grown-up and already in trouble. Her boyfriend is the only suspect in what looks like a supernatural assault straight out of a horror film. Malevolent entities that feed on fear are loose in Chicago, but it's all in a day's work for a wizard, his faithful, dog, and a talking skull named Bob.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,938,916 books! | Top bar: Always visible