Proven Guilty (The Dresden Files, Book 8) by…

Proven Guilty (The Dresden Files, Book 8) (edition 2007)

by Jim Butcher

Member:beckyrob
Title:Proven Guilty (The Dresden Files, Book 8)
Authors:Jim Butcher
Info:Roc (2007), Mass Market Paperback, 576 pages

Proven Guilty by Jim Butcher

English (85)  German (1)  All languages (86)
Someone once said to me that the Dresden Files get better and better with every book. They were right. Proven Guilty was all about his most emotional memories coming back and history repeating itself - a young wizard, just like he once was, without proper guidance makes all hell break loose and Harry is there for the rescue.

I was slightly bored by the monsters in the theater parts - it would have been so much more fun if those horrow movie monsters could only be killed exactly like they did in the movies. But, thank God, those parts resolved themselves pretty quickly, leaving the second half of the book for my sheer enjoyment. ( )
  v_allery | Apr 19, 2015 |
Dresden is hunting down movie horror monsters, and the one behind bringing them to Chicago. This was a reread for me, so there is another review somewhere out there by me. Love, love, love James Marsters' narration. ( )
  MrsLee | Apr 7, 2015 |
Every one of these Dresden books is the same. They all blur together. I have no way to tell them apart. I've read about 6 of these books, and they really are pretty good. But, they are all in the average category. None of them stand out as really that awesome.

After reading this particular book, I was like, goddamnit! I thought for sure they were gonna throw Dresden in jail for good this time. But noooooo. Fucking bullshit. Why can't someone kill this guy already? I mean, what's the fucking problem? Just shoot the cocksucker. ( )
  gecizzle | Mar 5, 2015 |
And the plot thickens.....have to hit my friend of for the next books....must read more..... ( )
  jaddington | Feb 16, 2015 |
  jaddington | Feb 16, 2015 |

Jim Butcherprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Marsters, JamesNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Blood leaves no stain on a Warden's grey cloak.
I don't care about whose DNA has recombined with whose. When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching--they are your family.
Children are a precious gift, but they belong to no one but themselves. They are only lent us a little while.

There's no love lost between Harry Dresden, the only wizard in the Chicago phone book, and hte white Council of Wizards, who find him brash and undisciplined. But war with the vampires has thinned their ranks, so the Council has drafted Harry as a Warden and assigned him to look into rumors of black magic in the Windy City.

As Harry adjusts to his new role, another problem arrives in the form of the tattooed and pierced daughter of an old friend, all grown-up and already in trouble. Her boyfriend is the only suspect in what looks like a supernatural assault straight out of a horror film. Malevolent entities that feed on fear are loose in Chicago, but it's all in a day's work for a wizard, his faithful dog, and a talking skull named Bob ...

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451461037, Mass Market Paperback)

The White Council of Wizards has drafted Harry Dresden as a Warden and assigned him to look into rumors of black magic in Chicago. Malevolent entities that feed on fear are loose in the Windy City, but it's all in a day's work for a wizard, his faithful dog, and a talking skull named Bob.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:56:09 -0400)

There's no love lost between Harry Dresden, the only wizard in the Chicago phone book, and the White Council of Wizards, who find him brash and undisciplined. But war with the vampires has thinned their ranks, so the Council has drafted harry as a Warden and assigned him to look into rumors of black magic in the Windy City. As Harry adjusts to his new role, another problem arrives in the form of the tattooed and pierced daughter of an old friend, all grown-up and already in trouble. Her boyfriend is the only suspect in what looks like a supernatural assault straight out of a horror film. Malevolent entities that feed on fear are loose in Chicago, but it's all in a day's work for a wizard, his faithful, dog, and a talking skull named Bob.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,175,746 books! | Top bar: Always visible