Dance to the Piper by Nora Roberts

Dance to the Piper

by Nora Roberts

Series: The O'Hurleys! (2)

Lying in bed with the flu and its headache I just needed to read something so into my library I ran (well kinda). I wanted froth and feel good so to my Nora Roberts shelf I turned. Dance to the Piper written late in the 80's was just what I the doctor ordered. Romance, froth, light humor, some education on New York theater; and I escaped into the magic of words

Now, I'm not saying you need to be ill to read this book, rather it is well-written tale with a solid beginning, middle and end. One which I can recommend to the romance readers. ( )
  Bettesbooks | May 31, 2016 |
Easy to read, enjoyable, don't have to engage brain and finished it in about 5 hours. Typical Nora Roberts. No complaints but nothing earth shattering either. :) ( )
  SashaM | Apr 20, 2016 |
Dance to the Piper by Nora Roberts
#2 O'Hurleys
3-1/2*

Maddy O'Hurley (one of Frank & Molly's triplets) is now a successful triple-threat theater performer. She can sing, dance, and act. She's in the midst of rehearsals for a new play when she meets one of the financial backers, Reed Valentine.

Maddy is fresh, vibrant, open and honest, and rocks Reed back on his heels immediately. Unfortunately, he has some sad circumstances in his past which have made him very bitter and cynical. Even though deep down he recognizes that he needs and wants Maddy in his life, he continues to push her away. It's a good thing for Reed that Maddy has the unforgiving and hopeful spirit that she does, because he's pretty much a hot-and-cold s.o.b. throughout the whole book.

The story takes us through the process Maddy and the other performers go through to ready themselves for opening night; we also get to see and learn a lot about what happens behind the scenes in a theater. There is also a great little side story which takes us back 30+ years to when the triplets were babies and Frank and Molly had an opportunity to meet and help a man get back on the right track to see what's important in his own life. That story circles back to present day and affects the H/h directly.

Another winner by Roberts, deserving of a 4. I lowered it to 3-1/2 only because it has more angst than I personally like. I get tired of arguments and tension caused by someone being fidgety about saying the L word. ( )
  AddictedToMorphemes | Jan 26, 2016 |
Abandoned. Can only stand so much food obsession and irrational broodiness. ( )
  PortM | Nov 30, 2013 |
Good not great. Fairly typical contemporary romance. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 14, 2013 |

Nora Robertsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Caliendo, MarieNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hernández Holgado, FernandoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

A woman who dared to dream and a man who had forgotten how.

Though her name was up in lights, Maddy O'Hurley cared nothing for the trappings of stardom. All that mattered was dancing. She moved in perfect harmony to the music that ruled her life both onstage and off.

Recording mogul Reed Valentine saw the world in black and white -- and women were on the dark side, not to be trusted. So when eternal optimist Maddy whirled in to his life, bringing color and laughter, he was instantly suspicious. He dealt with ruthless expertise. Music was his business and he was all business--until she lit up the stage....

After all, if he danced to her tune, began believing in miracles, wouldn't he ultimately have to pay the piper? Reed's only passions were wealth and power... until Maddy engaged the mesmerizing mogul in the daring dance of love.

THE O'HURLEYS! Entrancing triplet sisters with three compelling stories to tell.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 155166321X, Paperback)

'If you stop dreaming, you stop living'. Though her name is up in lights, Maddy O'Hurley cares nothing for the trappings of stardom. All that matters to her are dancing and how alive she feels when she steps into the broadway stage. Reed Valentine's only passions are wealth and power...The attraction sparking between them like fireworks over central park surprise Reed, Maddy's a dreamer and he stopped dreaming a long time ago. But the O'Hurley in Maddy isn't going to give up this mesmerising man without a fight."New York Times" bestselling author Nora Roberts brings you the remarkable O'Hurley Family.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:08 -0400)

Though her name is up in lights, Maddy O'Hurley cares little for the trappings of stardom. Reed Valentine, on the other hand, cares only for wealth and power. But the attraction between the pair is sparking like fireworks over Central Park, and Maddy isn't going to give up on Reed just because he stopped dreaming years ago.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,444,384 books! | Top bar: Always visible