Terra by Ken Smith

111820,536 (5)None
Authors:Ken Smith
Info:Bloodaxe Books (1986), Paperback, 80 pages

Terra by Ken Smith

This review can also be found on my blog acascadeofbooks.blogspot.com
I really enjoyed this novel, hence the 5/5 stars rating. This novel is a mix of some of my favourite genres; Young Adult, Dystopian and Sci-fi. This novel had just the right percentage of action in it to keep me interested and also enough information about the world and the characters to make sure you understood everything that was happening. The plot was really gripping the whole way through this novel, I flew through it in about 2 days! The plot contains many twists, some of which were predictable, but some which I really didn't see coming, and they were nicely written by the author.
The characters in the novel were a really strong part of the novel, they had depth, they were complex and seemed real. Terra was a great main character, a strong female character, something that is uncommon in YA novels. She was brave,intelligent and cared deeply for her younger brother. Adam was the other main character in the novel and he was a good character too. I like the twist that was revealed about Adam, it added an interesting twist to the novel.
The relationship between these two characters was good, it seemed realistic. Terra found him attractive in the beginning, but there was no insta-love, which was a relief.
The writing style of the author is good. The writing flows nicely, and reads smoothly. The author's use of description was great, I could imagine the world Terra lives in, and the contrast between that and the floating cities where the sky dwellers live.
I really enjoyed the ending of the novel, even though it ends on a bit of a cliff hanger, it also comes to natural ending, giving a sense of closure too. The last couple of chapters allow the reader to discover more about the world and the political situation in the country, and the imminent danger!
I would like to thank CBL Tourhosts for hosting this blog tour, and for providing me with an ebook copy of the novel. ( )
  ACascadeofBooks | Oct 5, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,786,320 books! | Top bar: Always visible